The Contact Lens Manual. Edition: 4
The Contact Lens Manual continues to meet the needs of a new generation of optometrists, dispensing opticians, contact lens practitioners and students who require clear and reliable information for fitting a complete range of contact lenses.
The fourth edition of this best-selling classic, now in full colour throughout, provides the most up-to-date guidance in all aspects of today's lenses in a practical and easy to use manual. Featuring new developments in lens types, care regimes, current practices, and electronic access to brand new video footage as well as a range of learning tools, this manual offers a complete package to help readers expand their lens knowledge, improve fitting and optimise patient care.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
How to use this book
Section 1: Preliminaries
3. Record Keeping
4. Consulting room procedures and equipment
5. Preliminary considerations and examination
6. Dry eyes and the tear film
7. Lens types and materials
Section 2: Rigid Gas Permeable Lens Fitting
8. Principles of rigid lens design
9. Development of rigid lens design
10. Rigid lens selection and fitting
11. Fluorescein patterns and fitting
12. Aspheric lenses
13. Rigid lens specification and verification
14. Orthokeratology and reverse geometry lenses
Section 3: Hydrogel and Silicone Hydrogel Fitting
15. Soft lens fitting and design
16. Soft lens fitting characteristics
17. Other soft lens fitting considerations
18. Disposable lenses and frequent (planned) replacement
19. Silicone Hydrogels
20. Soft lens specification and verification
Section 4: Complex Lenses
22. Toric rigid lenses
23. Toric soft lenses
24. Lenses for presbyopia
25. Special lens features and applications
Section 5: Management
26. Care systems
27. Lens collection and patient instruction
29. Aftercare Complications
30. Additional Aftercare Procedures
Section 6: Children and Therapeutic Lenses
31. Contact lenses and children
32. Therapeutic and Complex Lens Designs
Glossary of contact lens-related terms
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateJul 8, 2010
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.