Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Technicians. Edition: 4
Master the veterinary technician's role in caring for critically ill or injured pets! Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition provides quick access to dozens of common, life-saving protocols and procedures. Each treatment technique is described in step-by-step detail and illustrated in full color. To prepare you for the veterinary setting, a team approach is emphasized. This edition adds three new chapters and includes practical, easy-to-apply medical math and scenario-based exercises. Written by experienced veterinary technicians Andrea Battaglia and Andrea Steele, this resource prepares you for success on the VTNE, in veterinary practices, and in animal hospital emergency departments.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Critical Thinking - Skill of Observation and Interpretation
2. Monitoring of the Critically Ill or Injured Patient
3. Patient's Lifeline: Intravenous Catheter
4. Fluid Therapy
5. Transfusion Medicine
6. Nutritional Support for the Critically Ill Patient
7. Oxygen Therapy Techniques
8. Mechanical Ventilation
9. Pain Assessment and Treatment
10. Supporting the Critically Ill or Injured through Physical Rehabilitation Techniques NEW!
11. Anesthesia in the Critically Ill or Injured
12. Isolation Techniques in Clinical Practice
SECTION II: Emergency Care for Small Animals
13. Emergency Receiving
14. Management of Patients in Shock
15. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: Current Practice
16. Traumatic Emergencies
17. Hematologic Emergencies
18. Cardiovascular Emergencies
19. Respiratory Emergencies
20. Gastrointestinal Emergencies
21. Metabolic and Endocrine Emergencies
22. Urologic Emergencies
23. Reproductive Emergencies
24. Ocular Emergencies
25. Neurologic Emergencies
26. Toxicologic Emergencies
27. Avian and Exotic Emergencies
28. Disaster Medicine
SECTION III: Practice Management
29. Fostering Wellbeing in the ER and ICU NEW!
30. The Art of Scheduling
31. Client Communication in an Emergency
32. Managing Pharmaceuticals in the ER NEW!
Stock Last CheckedNov 26, 2021
Publication DateOct 12, 2020
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.