Practical Radiation Oncology Physics
Perfect for radiation oncologists, medical physicists, and residents in both fields, Practical Radiation Oncology Physics provides a concise and practical summary of the current practice standards in therapeutic medical physics. A companion to the fourth edition of Clinical Radiation Oncology, by Drs. Leonard Gunderson and Joel Tepper, this indispensable guide helps you ensure a current, state-of-the art clinical practice.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
PART I Building Blocks
1. Reference dosimetry for ionizing radiation
2. Relative dosimetry for MV beams
3. In-vivo dosimetry
4. Quality assurance and commissioning of new radiotherapy technology
5. Quality assurance of radiotherapy dose calculations
6. Immobilization techniques in radiotherapy
7. Image guidance and localization technologies for radiotherapy
9. Proton radiotherapy
10. Radiation safety and shielding in radiotherapy
11. Information Technology in Radiation Oncology
12. Quality and safety improvement in radiation oncology
PART II Clinical Applications
13. Simulation for radiotherapy treatment planning
14. Treatment planning quality metrics
15. The use of electrons for external beam radiotherapy
16. IMRT and VMAT
17. SRS and SBRT
18. Clinical aspects of image guidance and localization in radiotherapy
19. Respiratory motion management for external beam radiotherapy
20. Intracavitary Brachytherapy
21. Interstitial Brachytherapy
22. Prostate seed implant
23. Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT)
24. Special Procedures
Appendix I Resource Documents
Appendix II Glossary
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateOct 16, 2015
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.