Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Edition: 2
With cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification."
"I found this book expressly informative...I would most definitely recommend this book" Reviewed by British Dental Journal, Dec 2014
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Multilocular Radiolucent Lesion in the Pericoronal Region (Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor) (Odontogenic Keratocyst) Unilocular Radiolucent Lesion of the Mandible Multilocular Radiolucent Lesion in the Periapical Region (Ameloblastoma) Unilocular Radiolucent Lesion in a Periapical Region (Periapical Cyst) Mixed Radiolucent-Radiopaque Lesion (Ossifying Fibroma) Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
2. Pharmacology Penicillin Allergy/Anaphylaxis Antibiotic-Associated Colitis Drug-Seeking Behavior Acute Acetaminophen Toxicity Opioid Side Effects Drug Induced Bisphosphanate Osteonecrosis Non-Drug Induced Bisphosphanate Osteonecrosis
3. Anesthesia Laryngospasm Perioperative Considerations Of The Pregnant Patient Respiratory Depression Secondary To Oversedation Inadequate Local Anesthesia Trigeminal Neuralgia Malignant Hyperthermia Emergent Surgical Airway
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Infections Ludwig's Angina Buccal and Vestibular Space Abscess Lateral Pharyngeal and Masticator Space Infection Osteomyelitis
5. Dentoalveolar Surgery Third Molar Odontectomy Alveolar Osteitis (Dry Socket) Surgical Exposure of an Impacted Maxillary Canine Lingual Nerve Injury Displaced Root Fragments during Dentoalveolar Surgery
6. Dental Implant Surgery Posterior Mandibular Implant Supported Fixed Partial Denture Posterior Maxillary Implant Supported Fixed Prostheses Sinus Grafting For Implants Zygomatic Implants Contemporary Treatment Options for Edentulism Computer Assisted Implant Surgery Extraction Socket Preservation for Implant Placement Implants for the Esthetic Zone
7. Head and Neck Pathology Pleomorphic Adenoma Mucocele And Fibroma Acute Herpetic Gingivostomatitis Aphthous Ulcers Sialolithiasis Acute Suppurative Parotitis Differential Diagnosis of a Neck Mass Oral Leukoplakia Osteoradionecrosis
8. Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma Dentoalveolar Trauma Mandible Fracture (subcondylar) Mandible Fracture (parashymphysis and angle) Zygomatic Maxillary Complex (ZMC) Fracture Zygomatic Arch Fracture Nasal Fracture Frontal Sinus Fracture Naso-Orbital-Ethmoid (NOE) Fracture Le Fort I Fracture Le Fort II and III Fractures Orbital Trauma: Fracture of the orbital floor Panfacial Fracture
9. Orthognathic Surgery Mandibular Orthognathic Surgery Maxillary Orthognathic Surgery Maxillo-Mandibular Surgery Distraction Osteogenesis Inferior Alveolar Nerve Injury Computer Assisted Orthognathic Surgery
10. Temporomandibular Joint Disorders Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Internal Derangement of the Temporomandibular Joint Arthrocentesis and Arthroscopy Degenerative Joint Disease of the Temporomandibular Joint TMJ Ankylosis
11. Oral Cancer Squamous Cell Carcinoma Verrucous Carcinoma Malignant Salivary Gland Tumors Neck Dissections
12. Reconstructive Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Posterior Mandibular Augmentation for Implants Radial Forearm Free Flap Pectoralis Major Flap Fibular Free Flap for Mandibular Reconstruction Iliac Crest Bone Graft: Mandibular Reconstruction
13. Facial Cosmetic Surgery Botox and Fillers Lip Augmentation Rhinoplasty Septoplasty Cervicofacial Rhytidectomy Upper/Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Genioplasty Endoscopic Browlift
14. Syndromes of the Head and Neck Cleft Lip and Palate Syndromic Craniofacial Synostosis Nonsyndromic Craniofacial Synostosis Hemifacial Microsomia Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
15. Medical Conditions Congestive Heart Failure Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome Chronic Kidney Disease Liver Disease Von Willebrand Disease Oral Anticoagulation Therapy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome and Delirium Tremens Acute Asthmatic Attack Diabetes Mellitus Diabetic Ketoacidosis Acute Myocardial Infarction Hypertension
Stock Last CheckedNov 29, 2021
Publication DateNov 21, 2013
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.