A Nurse's Survival Guide to Leadership and Management on the Ward. Edition: 3
When you become a ward or unit manager, sister or charge nurse, your responsibilities change and you need a very different set of skills compared to your previous roles. You are now required to manage a team of staff with a set budget and are responsible for maintaining an environment in which people can work well.
This book will help you to:
- Identify your responsibilities and best approaches as a manager to provide patients with a high standard of care through your staff;
- Read through examples, suggestions and tips following a highly practical approach;
- Manage your staff, time and budget;
- Create a positive work environment;
- Completely updated and revised content written by well-known authors with extensive experience in the field;
- New sections on responsible use of social media, working with different generations in the workplace; how to make an impact, taking care of yourself etc.
- Leading teams in the context of enduring financial and staffing constraints
Part of the A Nurse's Survival Guide series.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Chapter 1 - The role of the ward manager
Chapter 2 - Manage your time
Chapter 3 - Create a positive working environment
Chapter 4 - Manage staff performance
Chapter 5 - Make sure care is patient-centred
Chapter 6 - Manage your budget
Chapter 7 - Improve quality and safety
Chapter 8 - Instigate a rolling recruitment programme
Chapter 9 - Be politically aware
Chapter 10 - Look after yourself
Chapter 11 - Be a good role model
Chapter 12 - Manage your manager
Chapter 13 - Manage difficult situations
Chapter 14 - Manage difficult team members
Chapter 15 - Get the best advice
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateDec 20, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.