Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society Core Curriculum: Wound Management, 2nd Edition
Based on the curriculum blueprint of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Education Programs (WOCNEP) and approved by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®), this practical text for wound assessment and management is your perfect source for expert guidance, training and wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exam preparation.
Written by expert clinicians, Core Curriculum Wound Management, 2nd Edition is one of the few nursing texts to offer the basic pathology, physiology and current clinical skills required for high-level wound care.
Chapter features include: Objectives at the start of each chapter, Key Points that expand on important concepts, Tables that offer clinical guidelines and care strategies, Case Studies that optimize clinical decision-making, and End-of-Chapter Review Q&A’s — multiple choice questions followed by answers and rationales.
This is essential content for those seeking WOC certification, including nursing students in wound care programs; nurses involved in wound care; nurses in gastroenterology, urology, and surgical nursing; graduate nursing students and nursing faculty.
Incorporating the latest developments in clinical practice, this evidence-based content is your complete map to gaining WOC certification — and to providing safe, optimal patient care.
Follow evidence-based best practices with this top-level nursing guide to wound care …
- NEW chapter on professional practice
- NEW chapter on incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD)
- Easy-to-follow format that breaks down pathology, physiology and patient management topics into easy-to-remember terms
- Numerous illustrations, full-color photos and tables
- Evidence-based guidelines that address all crucial facets of wound care nursing, including:
- General principles of wound management – goal-setting and systemic support
- Wound cleansing and dressing selection
- Skin and wound care for various populations – neonatal and pediatric, geriatric, bariatric, spinal cord–injured patients
- Management of surgical wounds
- Nutritional strategies
- Pathology and management of venous, arterial and neuropathic wounds
- Principles and guidelines for wound debridement
- Assessment and management of wound-related infections and traumatic wounds
- Prevention and management of moisture-associated skin damage, medical adhesive-related skin injury and skin tears
- Pressure injury prevention
- Fistula management
About the Clinical Editors
Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CNS, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN is a Clinical Nurse Specialist and WOC nurse at Cone Health in Greensboro, North Carolina. She was Co-Editor of the Core Curriculum Wound Care, first edition. She is a past President of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses SocietyTM (WOCN®) and the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP®). She has authored numerous key publications and is a well-known lecturer in the areas of wound, ostomy and continence management, and professional practice for the WOC nurse.
Catherine R. Ratliff, PhD, RN, GNP-BC, CWOCN, CFCN, FAAN is a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner with more than 25 years of wound care experience and research. A former Program Director for a WOCNEP offering graduate credits at the UVA School of Nursing, she is widely published in the field of wound and ostomy care and serves as Ostomy Section Editor for the Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (JWOCN®).
Stephanie S. Yates, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CWOCN is an Adult Nurse Practitioner and WOC Nurse at Duke University Hospital Cancer Center. She previously practiced in acute care and outpatient wound care. She is a past President of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society TM (WOCN®). She has lectured locally, regionally and nationally, and published wound care-related articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 04 May 2021
Edition: 2nd Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781975173708
Dimensions: 10.875 in X 276.23 mm X 8.375 in X 212.72 mm
Stock Last CheckedJul 4, 2022
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.