Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society Core Curriculum: Continence Management, 2nd Edition
Based on the curriculum blueprint of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Education Programs (WOCNEP) and approved by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®), this practical text for continence care is your perfect source for expert guidance, training and wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exam preparation.
Full of expert advice, fundamental principles and vital clinical skills on continence care, Core Curriculum Continence Management, 2nd Edition is one of the few nursing texts to cover this practice area in detail.
Chapter features include: Objectives at the start of each chapter, Key Points that expand on important concepts, Tables that offer clinical guidelines and care strategies, Case Studies that optimize clinical decision-making, and End-of-Chapter Review Q&A’s — multiple choice questions followed by answers and rationales.
This is essential content for those seeking WOC certification or recertification; nursing students in continence programs; nurses involved in continence care; nurses in gastroenterology, urology, and surgical nursing; graduate nursing students and nursing faculty.
Incorporating the latest developments in clinical practice, this evidence-based content is your complete map to gaining WOC certification — and to providing safe, optimal patient care.
Follow evidence-based best practices with the optimal WOCN practice and study guide …
- NEW chapter on professional practice
- NEW chapter on incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD)
- NEW content on the fundamentals of bladder and bowel management, and advance pelvic health considerations for the APRN continence nurse
- NEW content on special populations – bariatrics, morbidly obese, patients with disabilities
- Written by nursing experts – authorized by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®)
- Fully illustrated, easy-to-follow format – breaks down pathology, physiology and patient management topics into easy-to-remember terms
- In-depth discussion of normal bowel function – followed by chapters on motility disorders, and pediatric fecal incontinence and bowel dysfunction
- Evidence-based guidelines for continence care, including:
- Nursing management fundamentals
- Primary and advanced assessments of patients with urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Overactive bladder/urgency urinary incontinence (UI) – pathology, presentation, diagnosis and management
- Lower urinary tract symptoms in men
- Advanced pelvic health for women – chronic pelvic pain syndromes, pelvic organ prolapse and vesicovaginal fistula
- Pathology, assessment and management of UI and lower urinary tract symptoms in the older adult
- Appropriate use of containment devices, absorbent products and adaptive aides
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) prevention and management in adults
About the Editors
JoAnn Ermer-Seltun, MS, RN, ARNP, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CFCN is a WOC Nurse Clinician at MercyOne North Iowa in Mason City, Iowa. She is President, Co-Director and Faculty at WEB WOC Nursing Education Programs in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has in-depth knowledge of the information needed by WOC nursing students. She has a number of publications and presentations in the area of WOC nursing.
Sandra Engberg, PhD, CRNP, FAAN is a Professor and Associate Dean for Graduate Clinical Education in the School of Nursing at the University of Pittsburgh. She is the Continence Section Editor of the Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (JWOCN®). She is a member of the Nursing Committee of the International Continence Society and Director of the School of Nursing, part of the ICS Institute. She has conducted several randomized controlled trials focusing on interventions for urinary incontinence in older adults and women.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 04 May 2021
Edition: 2nd Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781975173685
Stock Last CheckedDec 10, 2023
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.