Workbook for Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation. Edition: 7
Focus on the most important information about how to safely and compassionately care for patients who need ventilator support. Corresponding to the chapters in Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation, 7th Edition, this workbook is an easy-to-use guide to help you prepare for your credentialing exams. It includes a wide range of exercises, crossword puzzles, critical thinking questions, NBRC-style multiple-choice questions, case studies, waveform analysis, ventilation data analysis, and fill-in-the-blank and short-answer activities.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
2. How Ventilators Work
3. How a Breath Is Delivered
4. Establishing the Need for Mechanical Ventilation
5. Selecting the Ventilator and the Mode
6. Initial Ventilator Settings
7. Final Considerations in Ventilator Setup
8. Initial Patient Assessment
9. Ventilator Graphics
10. Assessment of Respiratory Function
11. Hemodynamic Monitoring
12. Methods to Improve Ventilation in Patient-Ventilator Management
13. Improving Oxygenation and Management of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
14. Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
15. Sedatives, Analgesics and Paralytics
16. Extrapulmonary Effects of Mechanical Ventilation
17. Effects of Positive-Pressure Ventilation on the Pulmonary System
18. Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
19. Basic Concepts of Noninvasive Positive- Pressure Ventilation
20. Weaning and Discontinuation from Mechanical Ventilation
21. Long-Term Ventilation
22. Neonatal and Pediatric Mechanical Ventilation
23. Special Techniques in Ventilatory Support
Stock Last CheckedJan 21, 2022
Publication DateNov 7, 2019
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.