Veterinary Medicine. Edition: 11
Veterinary Medicine is a comprehensive textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats that addresses the needs of both students and large/mixed animal veterinary practitioners. It has come to be extensively used as a reference by veterinarians around the world: it has attained international relevance, recognition and acceptance with several translations. For the new 11th edition Ken Hinchcliff and Peter Constable are joined as editors by Professor Stanley Done, a distinguished authority on the diseases of pigs, and by [a fourth European editor tbc], giving an editorial team of international scope and expertise.
The new edition has been reorganized into two volumes for ease of use and offers many new features and topics. The text has been reviewed in its entirety and edited for concision while retaining the same level of detail and scope of coverage, and the references have been comprehensively updated since the previous edition.
With this revised edition of Veterinary Medicine a companion App is also offered, which presentsin handy mobile format differential diagnoses, synopses of key points from the book, and tips and practical hints on therapeutics. When used in conjunction, the Veterinary Medicine book and App make an unbeatable reference that combines all the benefits of comprehensiveness with the convenience of portability .
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
2. Examination of the Population
3. Biosecurity and Infection Control
4. General Systemic States
5. Disturbances of Free Water, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Oncotic Pressure
6. Practical Antimicrobial Therapeutics
7. Diseases of the Alimentary Tract - Horses, Pigs, and Neonatal Ruminants
8. Diseases of the Alimentary Tract - Adult Ruminants
9. Diseases of the Liver and Pancreas
10. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
11. Diseases of the Hemolymphatic and Immune Systems
12. Diseases of the Respiratory System
13. Diseases of the Urinary System
14. Diseases of the Nervous System
15. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
16. Diseases of the Skin, Eye, Conjunctiva, and External Ear
17. Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases
18. Diseases Primarily Affecting the Reproductive System NEW!
19. Perinatal Diseases
20. Diseases of the Mammary Gland
21. Systemic and Multi-Organ Diseases
Appendix 1: Conversion Tables
Appendix 2: Reference Laboratory Values
Appendix 3: Drug doses and intervals for horses and ruminants
Appendix 4: Drug doses and intervals for pigs
Stock Last CheckedDec 5, 2021
Publication DateDec 23, 2016
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.