Triage Protocols for Aging Adults, 1st Edition
The 190 evidence-based protocols offered here address a wide range of symptoms, disorders, and emergencies affecting those 50 and older. Flip quickly to the right symptom and ask the questions listed there to determine whether the individual requires emergency, same-day, or home care. Whether you are in family practice or are a triage nurse working at a hospital, urgent care center, or insurance company, this is the go-to reference to keep by your side.
Advance your evidence-based triage skills and protocols with:
- Easy-to-follow flowchart format that leads you from yes-or-no questions to assessment, recommendations, and clear instructions
- 190 protocols that cover the most common conditions faced by aging adults—all body systems, plus weakness, falls, loss of memory, poor appetite, medication interaction problems, and more
- Alpha-organized table of contents that helps you locate symptoms quickly
- Contents also organized by body system for quick-find protocols
- Protocols that have symptom-based titles and address issues affecting all body systems, such as abdominal pain and swelling, alcohol problems, allergic reactions, altered mental status, asthma, earache, elder abuse, joint pain/swelling, and more
- All protocols reviewed by a team of nursing experts
- Actioncolumn of each protocol that presents emergency actions first
- Coverage of the legal aspects of triage
- Tools and sample forms – telephone triage protocol form, triage documentation form, triage log, skills assessment, call documentation review, and teaching self-assessment guide
- Chapter features include:
- Key Questions – name, age, onset, medications, pain scale, associated symptoms, and history
- Other Protocols to Consider – lists related protocols and their page numbers
- Health Alert – additional information to consider when choosing a protocol, with additional resources listed
- Assessment Questions and Actions – with specific actions under each yes-or-no answer
- Home Care Instructions – detailed instructions sections that explain care to be given before emergency help arrives, while waiting for an appointment, or for ongoing home care
- Report the Following Problems to Your PCP/Clinic/ED – symptoms or conditions that should be reported to their usual healthcare provider
- Seek Emergency Care Immediately if Any of the Following Occur – symptoms or conditions that require emergency care
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS™, Android™, PC, and Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 24 Jul 2018
Edition: 1st Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781496389442
Dimensions: 9 in X 228.6 mm X 7 in X 177.8 mm
Stock Last CheckedNov 30, 2021
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.