The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care. Edition: 5
Learn how to apply nutritional principles to promote optimal patient care! The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care, 5th Edition explains how teaching proper nutrition can improve your clients' oral and systemic health. Case studies and clear, full-color photos and illustrations provide a basis for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients. In addition, a solid foundation in nutrition prepares you for the subject's increased emphasis on the NBDHE examination. Written by an interdisciplinary author team with expertise in nutrition and dental hygiene, this book was the first nutritional guide designed specifically for dental hygienists!
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Overview of Healthy Eating Habits
2. Concepts in Biochemistry
3. The Alimentary Canal: Digestion and Absorption
4. Carbohydrate: The Efficient Fuel
5. Protein: The Cellular Foundation
6. Lipids: The Condensed Energy
7. Use of the Energy Nutrients: Metabolism and Balance
8. Vitamins Required for Calcified Structures
9. Minerals Essential for Calcified Structures
10. Nutrients Present in Calcified Structures
11. Vitamins Required for Oral Soft Tissues and Salivary Glands
12. Water and Minerals Required for Oral Soft Tissues and Salivary Glands
Part II: Considerations of Clinical Nutrition
13. Nutritional Requirements Affecting Oral Health in Women
14. Nutritional Requirements during Growth and Development and Eating Habits Affecting Oral Health
15. Nutritional Requirements for Older Adults and Eating Habits Affecting Oral Health
16. Other Considerations Affecting Nutrient Intake
17. Effects of Systemic Disease on Nutritional Status and Oral Health
Part III: Nutritional Aspects of Oral Health
18. Nutritional Aspects of Dental Caries: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
19. Nutritional Aspects of Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease
20. Nutritional Aspects of Alterations in the Oral Cavity
21. Nutritional Assessment and Counseling for Dental Hygiene Patients
Stock Last CheckedDec 7, 2021
Publication DateFeb 24, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.