Smith's Anesthesia for Infants and Children. Edition: 9
Now thoroughly up to date with new chapters and new multimedia resources, Smith's Anesthesia for Infants and Children, 9th Edition, by Drs. Peter Davis and Franklyn Cladis, covers the information you need to provide effective perioperative care for any type of pediatric surgery. Leading experts in pediatric anesthesia bring you up to date with every aspect of both basic science and clinical practice, helping you incorporate the latest clinical guidelines and innovations in your practice.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
PART I Basic Principles and Physiology
1. Special Characteristics of Pediatric Anesthesia
2. Behavioral Development
3. Respiratory Physiology
4. Cardiovascular Physiology
5. Regulation of Fluids and Electrolytes
PART II Pharmacology
7. Developmental Pharmacology
8. Intravenous Agents
9. Inhaled Anesthetic Agents
10. Local Anesthetic Agents
12. Neuromuscular Blocking Agents
13. Anesthetic Adjuncts
PART III General Approach
14. Psychological Aspects of Pediatric Anesthesia
15. Preoperative Preparation
18. Airway Management
19. Induction, Maintenance, and Recovery
20. Blood Conservation and Transfusion Medicine
21. Pain Management
22. Regional Anesthesia
PART IV Clinical Management of Specialized Surgical Problems
23. Neonatology for Anesthesiologists
24. Anesthesia for General Surgery in the Neonate
25. Anesthesia for Fetal Surgery
26. Anesthesia for Congenital Heart Disease
27. Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia: Non-Bypass Procedures
28. Anesthesia for Neurosurgery
29. Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery
30. Anesthesia for General Abdominal and Urologic Surgery
31. Anesthesia for Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologic Surgery
32. Anesthesia for Pediatric Plastic Surgery
33. Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery
34. Anesthesia for Ophthalmic Surgery
35. Anesthesia for Organ Transplantation
36. Anesthesia for Conjoined Twins
37. Anesthesia for the Pediatric Trauma Patient
38. Anesthesia for Burn Injuries
39. Anesthesia for Pediatric Dentistry
40. Anesthesia and Sedation for Pediatric Procedures Outside the Operating Room
41. Pediatric Sedation
42. Anesthesia for Same-Day Surgery
43. Anesthesia for Surgical Missions
PART V Systemic Disorders and Associated Problems
44. Endocrine Disorders
45. Respiratory Disorders
46. Cardiovascular Disorders
47. Hematology and Coagulation Disorders
48. Oncologic Disorders
49. Genetic Muscle Disorders
50. Malignant Hyperthermia
51. Pediatric Obesity
52. Special Pediatric Disorders
53. Dermatology for the Anesthesiologist
PART VI Critical Care in Pediatric Anesthesia
54. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
55. Critical Care Medicine
56. Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
57. Safety and Outcome in Pediatric Anesthesia
58. History of Pediatric Anesthesia
59. Medicolegal and Ethical Aspects
Stock Last CheckedNov 29, 2021
Publication DateDec 7, 2016
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.