"Shen: Psycho-emotional aspects of Chinese medicine is more than an acupuncture book or a clinical text on how to treat psychological diseases. The authors, by connecting personal clinical experience and through study of classical texts, have created a model that shows how to develop Chinese medicine in the West. This is a very important achievement."
From the Foreword by Volker Scheid
Practitioner of Chinese medicine and
Director of the European Institute of Oriental Medicine (Munich/London).
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Following the Dao and Nourishing Life
2. Emotions and Movement of Qi
3. Psychic Souls
SECTION II CLASSICAL ASPECTS OF PATHOGENS, SYMPTOMS AND SYNDROMES
5. Emotions and Heat
6. Irritability and Restlessness
8. Mania and Withdrawal
9. Classical Syndromes
SECTION III THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES
10. Main Patterns of Excess-shi
11. Main Patterns of Deficiency-xu
12. Stimulation Methods
13. Notes on the Transversal Use of a Few Points
14. Treatment of Emotions in Classical Texts
15. The Space That is Shared by the Patient and the Acupuncturist
16. Notes on Events Related to Acupuncture
SECTION IV CONTEMPORARY CONTRIBUTIONS
17. Tongue and Shen
18. Stress-Related Conditions: Considerations/Reflections and Clinical Notes
19. Points Used in Serious Psychiatric Pathology
20. Mental Diseases Clinical Aspects
21. Qi Alterations and Somatic Manifestations
22. Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorders in Children
23. Anxiety States: Protocol Applied in a Special Psychiatric Hospital Department
A The Pulse
B Diagnostic Indications in Conventional Psychiatry
C TCM on the Internet
D Basic Chronology
F Bibliography and Notes on Classical Texts
G List of the Described Points
Stock Last CheckedDec 5, 2021
Publication DateApr 26, 2007
physiobobJul 9, 2008, 19:08'This book is comprehensive, and can be used as a textbook or resource book on Shen and Chinese medicine. It is particularly useful for teaching and for Chinese medicine students.' Zhen Zheng. Australian Journal of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. 2007 Volume 2 Issue 2
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.