Rang & Dale's Pharmacology. Edition: 9
Comprehensive yet easy to use, Rang and Dale's Pharmacology has been providing core basic and clinical science information to students and healthcare practitioners worldwide for more than 25 years. The fully revised 9th Edition keeps you up to date with all that's new in the field, including new and emerging drugs and recent studies. From cover to cover, you'll progressively increase your knowledge of all relevant aspects of pharmacology, from a molecular understanding of receptors and drug actions through clinical uses of key groups of drugs.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Rang and Dale's Pharmacology
Section 1. General principles
1. What is pharmacology?
2. How drugs act: general principles
3. How drugs act: molecular aspects
4. How drugs act: cellular aspects excitation, contraction and secretion
5. Biopharmaceuticals and gene therapy
6. Cell proliferation, apoptosis, repair and regeneration
7. Cellular mechanisms: host defence
8. Method and measurement in pharmacology
9. Absorption and distribution of drugs
10. Drug metabolism and elimination
12. Individual Variation, Pharmacogenomics and Personalised Medicine
Section 2. Chemical Mediators
13. Chemical mediators and the autonomic nervous system
14. Cholinergic transmission
15. Noradrenergic transmission
16. 5-Hydroxytryptamine and the Pharmacology of Migraine
18. Local Hormones 1: Histamin and the Biologically Active Lipids.
19. Local Hormones 2: Peptides and Proteins
21. Nitric oxide and other gaseous mediators
Section 3. Drugs affecting major organ systems
22. The heart
23. The vascular system
24. Atherosclerosis and lipid metabolism
25. Haemostasis and thrombosis
26. Haemopoietic system
27. Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant drugs
29. Respiratory system
30. The Kidney and urinary system
31. The Gastrointestinal tract
32. The control of blood glucose and drug treatment of diabetes mellitus
34. The Pituitary and the adrenal cortex
36. The reproductive system
37. Bone metabolism
Section 4. Nervous System
38. Chemical transmission and drug action in the nervous system
39. Amino acid transmitters
40. Other transmitters and modulators
41. Neurodegenerative diseases
42. General anaesthetic agents
43. Analgesic drugs
44. Local anaesthetics and other drugs affecting sodium channels
45. Anxiolytic and hypnotic drugs
46. Antiepileptic drugs
47. Antipsychotic drugs
48. Antidepressant drugs
49. CNS stimulants and psychotomimetic drugs
50. Drug addiction, dependence and abuse
Section 5. Drugs used for the treatment of infections and cancer
51. Basic principles of antimicrobial chemotherapy
52. Antibacterial drugs
53. Antiviral drugs
54. Antifungal drugs
55. Antiprotozoal drugs
56. Anthelmintic drugs
57. Anti-cancer drugs
Section 6. Special Topics
58. Harmful effects of drugs
59. Lifestyle drugs and drugs in sport
60. Drug discovery and development
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateJan 22, 2019
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.