Psychiatric Nursing. Edition: 8
Covering the field's latest trends and treatments, Psychiatric Nursing, 8th Edition provides you with the solid, therapeutic skills you need to deliver safe and effective psychiatric nursing care. This new edition features a unique, three-pronged approach to psychotherapeutic management which emphasizes the nurse's three primary tools: themselves and their relationship with patients, medications, and the environment. Written in a friendly, approachable style, this text clearly defines the nurse's role in caring for individuals with psychiatric disorders like no other book on the market!
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Unit I: The Basics
1. You, Medication, Environment: 3 Tools of the Psychiatric Nurse 2. Historical Issues 3. Legal Issues 4. Psychobiologic Bases of Behavior 5. Cultural Issues 6. Spiritual Issues
Unit II: You (Therapeutic Nurse-Patient Relationship) 7. Models for Working with Psychiatric Patients 8. Learning to Communicate Professionally 9. Working With an Individual Patient 10. Working With Groups of Patients 11. Working With the Family
Unit III: Medication (Psychopharmacology)
12. Introduction to Psychotropic Drugs 13. Antiparkinsonian Drugs 14. Antipsychotic Drugs 15. Antidepressant Drugs 16. Antimanic Drugs 17. Antianxiety Drugs 18. Antidementia Drugs 19. Over-the-counter Drugs
Unit IV: Environment: Milieu Management
20. Introduction to Milieu Management 21. Variables Affecting the Therapeutic Environment: Violence and Suicide 22. Therapeutic Environment in Various Treatment Settings
Unit V: Putting It All Together (Psychopathology)
23. Introduction to Psychopathology 24. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders 25. Depressive Disorders 26. Bipolar Disorders 27. Anxiety-Related, Obsessive-Compulsive, Trauma- and Stressor-Related, Somatic, and Dissociative Disorders 28. Cognitive Disorders 29. Personality Disorders 30. Sexual Disorders 31. Substance Abuse Disorders 32. Eating Disorders
Unit VI: Special Populations
33. Survivors of Violence and Trauma 34. Children and Adolescents 35. Older Adults 36. Soldiers and Veterans
Appendix North American Nursing Diagnosis Association Approved Nursing Diagnoses
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateAug 17, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.