Product Guide to Skin & Wound Care, 8th Edition
Know the ins and outs of skin and wound care products, ensuring correct choice, usage, and documentation:
- NEW enhanced, full-color manufacturer photos of each product
- NEW softcover format that fits easily in your coat pocket for on-the-go information access
- NEW information on use of FIBRACOL™ Plus Collagen Wound Dressing with Alginate, and on Promogran Prisma Matrix—sizes, action, indication, application, and removal
- Offers concise reviewsof the many skin and wound care products now available—sections groups of similar products into generic categories, including antifungals and antimicrobials, liquid skin protectants, moisture barriers, skin cleansers, therapeutic moisturizers, and other skin care products
- Offers the characteristics, function, and appropriateness of skin and wound care dressings, drugs, and devices, including correct classification of a particular condition
- Offers an Alphabetical Wound Care Product Guide that details:
- Product manufacturing information and application
- Reimbursement codes that support correct coding and completion of reimbursement forms
- Information on products that may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions
- Help in mixing products correctly—explains which ingredients should not be mixed with certain other ingredients
- Wound care product categories include: alginates, antimicrobials, cellular and tissue-based products, collagens, composites, contact layers, drugs, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, negative pressure wound therapy, specialty absorptives, surgical dressings, transparent films, wound fillers, and other devices and products
- Offers a comprehensive listing of additional products—abdominal dressing holders and binders, tapes and closures, wound pouches, wound cleansers, gauzes, elastic bandages, and compression bandage systems
- A must-have for any wound care nurse—direction on documentation requirements and comprehensive product knowledge, all in one resource
About the Clinical Editor
Cathy Thomas Hess, RN, BSN, CWOCN, is President of Wound Care Strategies, Inc. in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 12 Mar 2019
Edition: 8th Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781496388094
Dimensions: 9 in X 228.6 mm X 6 in X 152.4 mm
Stock Last CheckedDec 7, 2021
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.