Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing. Edition: 10
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Unit One: Principles of Psychiatric Nursing Care
1. Roles and Functions of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses: Competent Caring
2. Therapeutic Nurse-Patient Relationship
3. The Stuart Stress Adaptation Model of Psychiatric Nursing Care
4. Evidence-Based Psychiatric Nursing Practice
5. Biological Context of Psychiatric Nursing Care
6. Psychological Context of Psychiatric Nursing Care
7. Social, Cultural, and Spiritual Context of Psychiatric Nursing Care
8. Legal and Ethical Context of Psychiatric Nursing Care
9. Policy and Advocacy in Mental Health Care
10. Families as Resources, Caregivers, and Collaborators
11. Implementing the Nursing Process: Standards of Practice and Professional Performance
Unit Two: Continuum of Care
12. Prevention and Mental Health Promotion
13. Crisis and Disaster Intervention
14. Recovery Support
Unit Three: Applying Principles in Nursing Practice
15. Anxiety Responses and Anxiety Disorders
16. Psychophysiological Responses and Somatoform and Sleep Disorders
17. Self-Concept Responses and Dissociative Disorders
18. Emotional Responses and Mood Disorders
19. Self-Protective Responses and Suicidal Behavior
20. Neurobiological Responses and Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
21. Social Responses and Personality Disorders
22. Cognitive Responses and Organic Mental Disorders
23. Chemically Mediated Responses and Substance-Related Disorders
24. Eating Regulation Responses and Eating Disorders
25. Sexual Responses and Sexual Disorders
Unit Four: Treatment Modalities
27. Behavior Change and Cognitive Interventions
28. Preventing and Managing Aggressive Behavior
29. Somatic Therapies
30. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
31. Therapeutic Groups
32. Family Interventions
Unit Five: Treatment Settings
33. Hospital-Based Psychiatric Nursing Care
34. Community-Based Psychiatric Nursing Care
Unit Six: Special Populations in Psychiatry
35. Child Psychiatric Nursing
36. Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing
37. Geropsychiatric Nursing
38. Care of Survivors of Abuse and Violence
39. NEW! The Military and Their Families
40. Psychological Care of Patients with a Life-Threatening Illness
A: NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses
B: Diagnostic Criteria for Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR)
Stock Last CheckedJan 21, 2022
Publication DateAug 7, 2012
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.