Point of Care Ultrasound. Edition: 2
Compact, hand-carried ultrasound devices are revolutionizing how healthcare providers practice medicine in nearly every specialty. The 2nd Edition of this award-winning text features all-new chapters, a greatly expanded video library, and new review questions to keep you fully up to date with the latest technology and its applications.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Soni: Point-of-Care Ultrasound, 2/E
Section 1: Fundamentals Principles of Ultrasound
1. Evolution of point-of-care ultrasound
2. Ultrasound Physics and Modes
5. Basic operation of an ultrasound machine
6. Imaging Artifacts
Section 2: Lungs & Pleura
8. Lung and Pleural Ultrasound Technique
9. Lung Ultrasound Interpretation
10. Pleura and Diaphragm
11. Lung and Pleural Procedures
12. Dyspnea & Pulmonary Embolism
Section 3: Heart
14. Cardiac Ultrasound Technique
15. Left ventricular function
16. Right ventricular function
17. Inferior Vena Cava
18. Pericardial effusion
20. Transesophageal Echocardiography
22. Hypotension and Shock
23. Cardiac Arrest
Section 4: Abdomen & Pelvis
24. Peritoneal Free Fluid
28. Abdominal Aorta
29. First Trimester Pregnancy
30. Second and Third Trimester Pregnancy
31. Testicular Ultrasound
32. Abdominal pain
33. Trauma Ultrasound
Section 5: Vascular System
34. Lower Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis
35. Upper Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis
36. Central Venous Access
37. Peripheral Venous Access
38. Arterial Access
Section 6: Head and Neck
39. Ocular ultrasound
40. Thyroid gland
41. Lymph Nodes
Section 7: Nervous System
42. Peripheral Nerve Blocks
43. Lumbar Puncture
44. Transcranial Ultrasound
Section 8: Soft Tissues & Joints
45. Soft Tissues and Joints
Section 9: Pediatrics
Section 10: Ultrasound Program Management
49. Competence, Credentialing, and Certification
50. Equipment, Image Archiving, & Billing
Stock Last CheckedNov 29, 2021
Publication DateJun 11, 2019
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.