Nursing Health Assessment, 3rd Edition
Develop the assessment knowledge and skills to excel in any clinical setting.
Updated to reflect today’s changing healthcare environment, this unique, modern approach to health assessment guides you progressively through realistic clinical case scenarios, emphasizing health promotion, risk factor reduction, evidence-based thinking, and diagnostic reasoning. Effective strategies help you adapt questions and techniques to confidently manage communication challenges, unexpected patient responses, changes in a patient’s condition over time, and more.
Highlights of the Third Edition
- Progressive Case Studies in each chapter help you capably apply concepts to clinical practice through:
- Therapeutic Dialogue displays that hone the communication and critical thinking skills essential for gathering assessment data.
- Progress Note sections that provide sample SOAP (Subjective data, Objective data, Analysis, and Plan) notes documenting summaries of findings, with accompanying critical thinking questions.
- Documenting Case Study Findings boxes that summarize abnormal findings in the physical examination (determined through inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation).
- Collaborating With the Interprofessional Team displays that feature SBAR (Situation, Background, Analysis or Assessment, and Recommendations) frameworks for effectively coordinating referrals or other patient advocacy needs.
- Clinical Reasoning in Action sections that demonstrate how to bring all the elements of assessment together to determine a nursing diagnosis and related goals, interventions, rationales, and evaluation criteria.
- NEW!Unfolding case-based vignettes written by the National League for Nursing place concepts in a realistic context and encourage classroom discussion.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts clarify potentially confusing topics.
- More than 70 NANDA-I Diagnoses with official definitions and defining characteristics
- Learning Objectives focus on critical information and can help you study more effectively.
- Clinical Significanceboxes emphasize content critically related to clinical application.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight areas of concern or results that require immediate intervention or adjustments.
- Key Points summarized at the end of each chapter reinforce the most important content at a glance.
- Review Questions help you identify content requiring additional review.
- Tables of Abnormal Findings facilitate fast, effective assessments.
- Accompanying interactive learning resources such as videos and animations, referenced with icons in the text, appeal to a variety of learning styles
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 08 Nov 2018
Edition: 3rd Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781496358424
Dimensions: 4.8 lb X 76.8 oz X 2177.2 gr
Stock Last CheckedAug 15, 2022
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.