McDonald and Avery's Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent. Edition: 11
Get the expert knowledge you need to provide quality oral care to pediatric patients! Trusted for more than 50 years, McDonald and Avery's Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 11th Edition provides the latest diagnostic and treatment recommendations for infants, children, and adolescents. It covers topics ranging from pediatric examination and radiographic techniques to development and morphology of the primary teeth, dental caries, dental materials, and local anesthesia. Another point of emphasis is the management of patients with special medical issues. On the Expert Consult website, you'll find a fully searchable version of the entire text along with case studies and step-by-step procedure videos. From internationally known educator Jeffrey A. Dean, this resource provides everything you need to prepare for board certification and succeed in clinical practice.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Examination of the Mouth and Other Relevant Structures
2. Radiographic Techniques
3. Acquired and Developmental Disturbances of the Teeth and Associated Oral Structures
4. Development and Morphology of the Primary Teeth
5. Oral Pathology of the Child and Adolescent
6. Clinical Genetics for the Dental Practitioner
7. Child Abuse and Neglect
Part 2: Caries and Periodontology
8. Mechanical and Chemotherapeutic Home Oral Hygiene
9. Nutritional Considerations for the Pediatric Dental Patient
10. Dental Caries in the Child and Adolescent
11. Pit and Fissure Sealants and Preventative Resin Restorations
12. Restorative Dentistry
13. Dental Materials
14. Treatment of Deep Caries, Vital Pulp Exposure, and Pulpless Teeth
15. Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease
Part 3: Pain Control and Behavior Guidance
16. Local Anesthesia for the Child and Adolescent
17. Nonpharmacologic Management of Children's Behaviors
18. Pharmacologic Management of Patient Behavior
19. Hospital Dental Services for Children and the Use of General Anesthesia
Part 4: Growth and Development
20. Eruption of the Teeth: Local, Systemic, and Congenital Factors That Influence the Process
21. Growth of the Face and Dental Arches
22. Cephalometrics and Facial Esthetics: The Key to Complete Treatment Planning
23. Managing the Developing Occlusion
24. Multidisciplinary Team Approach to Cleft Lip and Palate Management
25. Prosthodontic Treatment of the Adolescent Patient
Part 5: Management of Special Medical Issues and Practice Management
26. Dental Problems of Children with Special Needs
27. Management of the Medically Compromised Patient: Hematology, Oncology, Hepatitis, and AIDS
28. Management of Trauma to the Teeth and Supporting Tissues
29. Oral Surgery for the Pediatric Patient
30. Pediatric Oral Health Advocacy
31. Practice Management
Stock Last CheckedJan 19, 2022
Publication DateJun 28, 2021
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.