Maternal Child Nursing Care. Edition: 6
Get the accurate, practical information you need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the NCLEX-RN® examination. Written by the foremost experts in maternity and pediatric nursing, the user-friendly Maternal Child Nursing Care, 6th Edition provides both instructors and students with just the right amount of maternity and pediatric content. This new edition includes updated case studies within Nursing Care Plans, as well as a new chapter on pediatric cancer. Focus on the family throughout emphasizes the influence of the entire family in health and illness.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
PART 1: MATERNITY NURSING
UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION TO MATERNITY NURSING 1. 21st Century Maternity Nursing
2. Community Care: The Family and Culture
UNIT 2: REPRODUCTIVE YEARS 3. Assessment and Health Promotion
4. Reproductive System Concerns
5. Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
UNIT 3: PREGNANCY 6. Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
7. Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
8. Nursing Care of the Family During Pregnancy
9. Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
10. Assessment of High Risk Pregnancy
11. High Risk Perinatal Care: Preexisting Conditions
12. High Risk Perinatal Care: Gestational Conditions
UNIT 4: CHILDBIRTH 13. Labor and Birth Processes
14. Pain Management
15. Fetal Assessment During Labor
16. Nursing Care of the Family During Labor and Birth
17. Labor and Birth Complications
UNIT 5: POSTPARTUM PERIOD 18. Maternal Physiologic Changes
19. Nursing Care of the Family During the Postpartum Period
20. Transition to Parenthood
21. Postpartum Complications
UNIT 6: NEWBORN 22. Physiologic and Behavioral Adaptations of the Newborn
23. Nursing Care of the Newborn and Family
24. Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
25. The High Risk Newborn
PART 2: PEDIATRIC NURSING
UNIT 7: CHILDREN, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE NURSE 26. 21st Century Pediatric Nursing
27. Family, Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion
28. Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
UNIT 8 ASSESSMENT OF THE CHILD AND FAMILY 29. Communication, History, and Physical Assessment
30. Pain Assessment and Management in Children
UNIT 9 HEALTH PROMOTION AND SPECIAL HEALTH PROBLEMS 31. The Infant and Family
32. The Toddler and Family
33. The Preschooler and Family
34. The School-Age Child and Family
35. The Adolescent and Family
UNIT 10: SPECIAL NEEDS, ILLNESS, AND HOSPITALIZATION 36. Impact of Chronic Illness, Disability, or End-of-Life Care for the Child and Family
37. Impact of Cognitive or Sensory Impairment on the Child and Family
38. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
39. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
UNIT 11: HEALTH PROBLEMS OF CHILDREN 40. Respiratory Dysfunction
41. Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
42. Cardiovascular Dysfunction
43. Hematologic and Immunologic Dysfunction
44. NEW! Cancer
45. Genitourinary Dysfunction
46. Cerebral Dysfunction
47. Endocrine Dysfunction
48. Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
49. Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
Stock Last CheckedJan 19, 2022
Publication DateNov 28, 2017
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.