Clinical Principles of Transfusion Medicine
Offering a concise overview of transfusion medicine, including best practices for specific clinical settings, this practical resource by Dr. Robert W. Maitta covers the key information you need to know. Holistic, multidisciplinary coverage and a succinct, easy-to-read format make it essential reading for transfusion specialists, as well as practitioners in other specialties whose patients undergo blood transfusions.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Clinical Principles of Transfusion Medicine, 1e
- Quality Concepts in Transfusion Medicine
- Regulatory Oversight and Accreditation of Transfusion and Collection Services
- Whole Blood and Apheresis Donor Eligibility and Deferrals
- ABO and Rh Groups
- Common Significant Alloantibodies
- Pre-Transfusion Testing
- Indications and Dosing of Transfusion of Blood Components
- Non-Infectious Complications of Transfusions: Alloimmunization and Adverse Reactions
- Infectious Complications of Transfusion of Blood Components
- Transfusion Support in Emergencies
- Transfusion Medicine in Pediatric Settings
- Transfusion Medicine in Obstetrics and Prenatal Patients
- Transfusion Approaches in the Transplanted Patient
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Collections and Cellular Therapies
- Therapeutic Apheresis
- New Concepts in Transfusion Medicine
- Future Challenges to Transfusion Practices
Stock Last CheckedJan 27, 2022
Publication DateFeb 5, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.