Burt and Eklund's Dentistry, Dental Practice, and the Community. Edition: 7
Learn about the challenges, current trends, and the positive role that you can play in improving the dental health of the community. Completely revised and updated by members of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry, Burt and Eklund's Dentistry, Dental Practice, and the Community, 7th Edition presents dentistry and dental practice against the ever-changing backdrop of economic, technological, and demographic trends, as well as the distribution of the oral diseases that dental professionals treat and prevent. Readers will learn the latest techniques of research and measurement, and how oral disease may be limited through control and prevention. This updated text also addresses the new educational competencies for predoctoral/ post-doctoral dental students and dental hygiene students with updated and new content on cultural competency, oral health literacy, social responsibility, motivational interviewing, and oral systemic associations. All in all, this text takes a comprehensive look at the social context of dental care and the difference you can make in improving the health of the community you serve.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. The Practice of Dental Public Health
2. Social Determinants of Health and Oral Health Disparities
3. Access to Dental Care
4. Ethics and Dental Public Health
Dental Care Delivery
5. Delivery of Oral Health Care in the United States
6. Delivery of Oral health Care in Canada
7. Financing Dental Care or Dental Care Financing
8. The Oral Health Workforce
9. Environmental Health Issues in Dentistry (Infection control, mercury safety, BPA)
10. Reading the Dental Literature
11. Evidence-Based Dentistry
Methods and Measurement of Oral Diseases and Conditions
12. Research Designs in Oral Epidemiology
13. Application of Biostatistics in Dental Public Health
14. Measurement and Distribution of Dental Caries
15. Measurement and Distribution of Periodontal Disease
16. Measurement and Distribution of Oral Cancer
17. Measurement and Distribution of Edentulism and Tooth Retention
18. Measurement and Distribution of Malocclusion, Trauma, Congenital Anomalies
19. Measurement and Distribution of Dental Fluorosis
20. Oral Health Related Quality of Life and Wellbeing
Health Promotion and Prevention of Oral Diseases
21. Health Behavior and Oral Health Promotion
22. Oral Health Education and Health Literacy in Dental Public Health
23. Diet and Oral Health
24. Fluoride and Human Health
25. Fluoride and Caries Prevention
26. Dental Sealants and Caries Prevention
27. Plaque Control and Promotion of Periodontal Health
28. Tobacco Control and Oral Health
Stock Last CheckedJan 27, 2022
Publication DateMay 21, 2020
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.