Addiction Medicine. Edition: 2
Integrating scientific knowledge with today's most effective treatment options, Addiction Medicine: Science and Practice, 2nd Edition, provides a wealth of information on addictions to substances and behavioral addictions. It discusses the concrete research on how the brain and body are affected by addictions, improving your understanding of how patients develop addictions and how best to personalize treatment and improve outcomes. This essential text is ideal for anyone who deals with patients with addictions in clinical practice, including psychiatrists, health psychologists, pharmacologists, social workers, drug counselors, trainees, and general physicians/family practitioners.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Emerging Health Perspectives
2. The Epidemiology of Alcohol and Drug Disorders
3. United States Federal Drug Policy
4. Historical Perspectives of Addiction
5. Diagnosis and Classification of Substance Use Disorders
Part II: Behavioral Theories for Substance Use Disorder
6. Drug Reinforcement in Animals
7. Role of the Human Laboratory Studies in the Development of Medications for Alcohol and Substance Abuse Disorders
8. Conditioning of Addiction
9. Overlapping Striatal Circuits and Molecular Mechanisms in Rodent Models of Addiction and Depression
10. The Role of Endocannabinoids in Amphetamine-Driven Actions in Dopamine Neurons: Implications for Understanding and Treating Dysfunction in the Mesolimbic Circuit
11. Pain and Negative Affect
12. Genetic Vulnerability to Substance Use Disorders
13. Assessment and Treatment of Addiction in Best Practices and New Frontiers in a Direct to Consumer Age
14. Metabolomics in Drug Response and Addiction
Part III: Visualizations and Workings of the Addicted Brain
15. Visualization and Workings of the Addicted Brain
16. Neurobiological Basis of Drug Reward and Reinforcement
17. Neurobehavioral Toxicology of Substances of Abuse
18. Animal Models of Substance Use Disorders: Motivational Perspective
19. Novel Methodologies: Proteomic Approaches in Substance Abuse Research
20. Neuroinflammatory Processes in Drug Addiction
Part IV: Clinical Aspects of Alcohol and Drug Addiction
21. Alcohol: Clinical Aspects
24. Cannabis: An Overview of the Empirical Literature
25. Opiates and Prescription Drugs
26. Clinical Aspects of Methamphetamine
27. Sedative-Hypnotics and Anxiolytics
28. Clinical Aspects of Inhalant Addiction
29. Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids
31. Serotonergic Hallucinogens
32. Ketamine and Phencyclidine
Part V: Behavioral Addictions and Treatment
33. The Biology and Treatment of Pathological Gambling
34. Implications of "Food Addiction" for Understanding and Treating Binge Eating Disorder
35. Compulsive Buying
36. Sexual Behavior as an Addictive or Compulsive Phenomenon
37. New Era of Internet Addiction Research in China
38. Hoarding as a Behavioral Addiction
Part VI: Treatment and Application: Behavioral Treatments
39. Motivational Interviewing: Emerging Theory, Research, and Practice
40. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Addiction
41. Community Reinforcement Approach and Contingency Management Therapies
42. Relapse Prevention and Recycling in Addiction
43. Brief and e-Health Interventions for the Treatment of Alcohol or Other Drug Addiction
44. Self-Help Approaches for Addiction
Section VII: Treatment and Application: Group Treatments and Specific Settings
45. Community Clinics
46. Unhealthy Alcohol and Other Drug Use in Primary Care
47. Criminal Justice System and Addiction Treatment
48. Adolescent Neurocognitive Development and School-Based Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment
49. The Therapeutic Community for Drug-Abuse Treatment: A Journey Yet Unfolding in the Recovery Movement
50. Substance Use-Focused Mutual-Help Groups: Processes and Outcomes
Section VIII: Treatment and Application Pharmacotherapy
51. Pharmacotherapy for Alcoholism and Some Related Psychiatric and Addictive Disorders: Scientific Basis and Clinical Findings
52. Alcohol Withdrawal: Treatment and Application
53. Pharmacotherapy of Cocaine Addiction
54. Opioid Overdose
56. Potential Pharmacotherapies for Cannabis Dependence
Section IX: Molecular Genetics, Alternative Therapies, and Other Topics in the Treatment of Addiction
58. Molecular Genetics and the Treatment of Addiction
59. Physical Considerations for Treatment Complications of Alcohol and Drug Use and Misuse
60. Quadruple Diagnosis: Substance Use Disorder, Comorbid Psychopathology, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection, and Hepatitis C Virus Infection
61. Substance Use Stigma as a Barrrier to Treatment and Recovery
62. Religiousness, Spirituality, and Addiction: An Evidence-Based Review
Section X: Computer Modeling
63. In Silico Models of Alcohol Kinetics: A Deterministic Approach
64. In Silico Models of Alcohol Dependence Treatment: Stochastic Approach
65. Dynamic and Systems-Based Models for Evaluating Hypotheses Related to Predicting Treatment Response
Part XI: Dependence in Specific Populations
66. Enhancing Positive Outcomes for Children of Substance-Abusing Parents
67. Alcohol and Substance Abuse in African Americans
68. Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals
69. Substance Use Disorders in Health Care Professionals
70. Identification and Treatment of Alcohol or Drug Dependence in the Elderly
71. Alcohol and Drugs of Abuse in Pregnant Women: Effects on Fetus and Newborn, Mode of Action, and Maternal Treatment
Part XII: Legal, Disability and Rehabilitative Issues
72. Forensic Issues
73. Disability and Addiction
74. The Homeless
75. To Open Up New Vistas in Basic and Preclinical Addiction Research
Stock Last CheckedJan 19, 2022
Publication DateJan 7, 2020
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.