Pharmacy Practice. Edition: 6
The sixth edition of PharmacyPractice brings the contents completely up to date, reflecting emerging new roles for pharmacists both within the traditional employment areas of hospital and community pharmacy, as well as other developing roles supporting the public health agenda, governance, risk management, prescribing and pharmaco-economics.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Section 1: The Patient
- Socio-behavioural aspects of health and illness
- Socio-behavioural aspects of treatment with medicines
- Communication skills for pharmacists and their team
- History Taking/ Gathering Information
- Advice giving and the pharmacist as a health trainer
- Control of medicines
- The prescribing process and evidence-based medicine
- Drug evaluation and pharmacoeconomics
- Formularies in pharmacy practice
- Complementary and alternative medicines
- Using calculations in pharmacy practice
- Veterinary pharmacy
- Dispensing techniques (compounding and good practice)
- Oral unit dosage forms
- External preparations
- Suppositories and pessaries
- Powders and granules
- Production of sterile products
- Parenteral products
- Opthalmic products
- Inhaled products
- Parenteral nutrition and dialysis
- Specialized services
- Clinical governance
- Risk management
- Standard operating procedures
- Information retrieval in pharmacy practice
- Control of health professionals and their staff
- Continuing professional development and revalidation
- The role of pharmacy in healthcare
- Ethics - the theory
- Ethics in practice and ethical dilemmas
- Public health
- Structure and organization of pharmacy
- Intra- and inter-professional working
- The prescription
- Patient charges of medicines and their impact on access
- Routes of administration and dosage forms
- Labelling of dispensed medicines
- Monitoring the patient
- The role of the pharmacist in medicines optimisation
- Public health and pharmacy interventions
- Substance use and misuse
Section 2: The Medicine
Section 3: The Medicine Formulation
Section 4: The Specialized Pharmacy Product
Section 5: The Pharmacy Safety Process
Section 6: The role of pharmacy in healthcare
Section 7: The patient, their medicine and beyond
Stock Last CheckedDec 8, 2021
Publication DateAug 12, 2019
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.