Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice, 5th Edition
Anchored in pharmacology and the principles of therapeutics, and written by experts in the field, this is your road map to effective drug therapies. Learn to correctly identify a disorder, review the drugs used to treat it, and select the optimal therapy. With expert direction on more than 50 common disorders, this is the ideal resource for advanced practice clinicians and students learning pharmacotherapeutics, and a go-to reference for experienced clinicians.
Learn best practices for selecting the safest, most effective drug therapies . . .
- NEW section on pain management, addressing Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and use of cannabis
- NEW and updated content on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies, pharmacogenomics, liver disorders and substance use disorders
- Easy-to-follow, evidence-based algorithms and drug tables
- Content organized by drug class, with quick-scan access to generic and trade names, and dosages
- Explains pharmacology and patient management topics – easy-to-remember, clearly worded definitions and descriptions of common presentations
- Offers the foundation of drug therapeutics, including:
- The prescribing process from pregnancy through elderly ages
- Avoiding medication errors
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, drug interactions and adverse events
- Principles of antimicrobial therapy
- Chapters organized by body system or disorder for quick-reference:
- Dermatitis - Bacterial, fungal, and viral infections of the skin
- Ophthalmic disorders, otitis media and otitis externa
- Hypertension, hyperlipidemia, myocardial Infarction, heart failure, arrhythmias
- Respiratory infections, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Gastric, functional and inflammatory bowel disorders
- Liver diseases
- Urinary tract infection, prostatic disorders and erectile dysfunction, overactive bladder, sexually transmitted infections
- Osteoarthritis and gout, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Headaches, seizure disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease
- Major depressive disorder, bipolar disorders, anxiety disorders
- Chapter features include:
- Brief overview – Pathophysiology of each disorder and relevant classes of drugs
- Monitoring Patient Response section – What to monitor and when
- Patient Education section – Includes information on CAM for each disorder
- Drug Overview Tables – List drug uses, mechanisms of action, adverse effects, drug interactions, contraindications, and monitoring parameters
- Algorithms – Visual cues on how to approach treatment
- Case Study and Questions – Provided for each disorder
- Instructor Resources – Case study answers, additional case studies, multiple choice questions, power points, acronyms list
About the Clinical Editors
Virginia P. Arcangelo, PhD, NP, is a retired Family Nurse Practitioner who has taught and practiced at Thomas Jefferson University, and in private practices.
Andrew M. Peterson, PharmD, PhD, FCPP, is Executive Director of the Substance Use Disorders Institute, John Wyeth Dean Emeritus, and Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Professor of Health Policy at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
Veronica F. Wilbur, PhD, APRN-FNP, CNE, FAANP, is Associate Professor of Graduate Nursing in the Department of Nursing at West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania, and practices as an NP in Delaware.
Tep M. Kang, PharmD, BCPS, is Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Surgical Critical Care at Christiana Care Health System in Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 14 Oct 2021
Edition: 5th Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781975173715
Stock Last CheckedJul 1, 2022
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.