Neuroscience. Edition: 5
Boost your skills in planning and managing physical rehabilitation! Neuroscience: Fundamentals for Rehabilitation, 5th Edition provides a practical guide to the nervous system and how it affects the practice of physical and occupational therapy. Case studies and first-person stories from people with neurologic disorders make it easier to apply your knowledge to the clinical setting. New to this edition is a new chapter on neuroanatomy imaging. Written by noted PT educator Laurie Lundy-Ekman, this book uses evidence-based research to help you understand neurologic disorders and treat clients who have physical limitations due to nervous system damage or disease.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Part 1: Overview of Neurology
3. Neurologic Disorders and the Neurologic Examination NEW!
4. Neuroimaging and Neuroanatomy Atlas NEW!
Part 2: Neuroscience at the Cellular Level
5. Physical and Electrical Properties of Cells in the Nervous System
6. Neural Communication: Synaptic and Extrasynaptic Transmission
Part 3: Development of the Nervous System
8. Development of the Nervous System
Part 4: Vertical Systems
9. Autonomic Nervous System
10. Peripheral Somatosensory System
11. Central Somatosensory System
12. Pain as a Disease: Neuropathic Pain, Central Sensitivity Syndromes, and Pain Syndromes
13. Motor System: Motor Neurons and Spinal Motor Function
14. Motor System: Motor Tracts
15. Motor System: The Cerebellum and the Spinocerebellar Pathways
16. Motor and Psychologic Functions: Basal Ganglia
Part 5: Regions
17. Peripheral Region
18. Spinal Region
19. Cranial Nerves
20. Brainstem Region
21. Visual System
22. Vestibular System
23. Dizziness and Unsteadiness
24. Cerebrospinal Fluid System
25. Blood Supply, Stroke, Fluid Dynamics, and Intracranial Pressure
27. Memory, Consciousness and Intellect
28. Behavior, Emotions, Decision Making, Personality: Prefrontal and Anterior Temporal Lobes
29. Communication, Directing Attention, and Spatial Cognition: Temporoparietal Association Cortex and Inferior Frontal Gyrus
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateJan 11, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.