Netter's Essential Physiology. Edition: 2
Grasp key concepts quickly with the visual, concise, and clinical approach to physiology found in this second edition of Netter's Essential Physiology. Lucid prose combines with classic Netter art, clinical correlations, "light bulb" side notes, end-of-chapter questions, and brand-new videos to ensure a complete understanding of these complex concepts. Logically written and highly readable, it's ideal for a basic understanding of physiology, as an overview of the subject, or as a supplement to lectures.
You may also be interested in: Netter's Physiology Flash Cards: ISBN 978-0-323-35954-2, the companion flash cards to this book.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Section 1: Cell Physiology, Fluid Homeostasis, and Membrane Transport
1. The Cell and Fluid Homeostasis
2. Membrane Transport
Section 1 Review Questions
Section 2: The Nervous System and Muscle
3.Nerve and Muscle Physiology
4. Organization and General Functions of the Nervous System
5. Sensory Physiology
6. The Somatic Motor System
7. The Autonomic Nervous System
Section 2 Review Questions
Section 3: Cardiovascular Physiology
8. The Blood
9. Overview of the Heart and Circulation
10. Cardiac Electrophysiology
11. Flow, Pressure, and Resistance
12. The Cardiac Pump
13. The Peripheral Circulation
Section 3 Review Questions
Section 4: Respiratory Physiology
14. Pulmonary Ventilation and Perfusion and Diffusion of Gases
15. The Mechanics of Breathing
16. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport and Control of Respiration
Section 4 Review Questions
Section 5: Renal Physiology
17. Overview, Glomerular Filtration, and Renal Clearance
18. Renal Transport Processes
19. Urine Concentration and Dilution Mechanisms
20. Regulation of Extracellular Fluid Volume and Osmolarity
21. Regulation of Acid-Base Balance by the Kidneys
Section 5 Review Questions
Section 6: Gastrointestinal Tract
23.Motility Through the Gastrointestinal Tract
24. Gastrointestinal Secretions
25. Hepatobiliary Function
26. Digestion and Absorption
Section 6 Review Questions
Section 7: Endocrine Physiology
27. General Principles of Endocrinology and Pituitary and Hypothalamic Hormones
28. Thyroid Hormones
29. Adrenal Hormones
30. The Endocrine Pancreas
31. Calcium-Regulating Hormones
32. Hormones of the Reproductive System
Section 7 Review Questions
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateOct 27, 2015
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.