National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases. Edition: 7
Ideal for residency, fellowship, clinical practice, and board review, the National Kidney Foundation's Primer on Kidney Diseases, 7th Edition, by Drs. Scott J. Gilbert and Daniel E. Weiner, offers comprehensive coverage of adult and pediatric kidney diseases in an authoritative, practical resource. Well organized and highly readable, it covers every relevant topic in the field, from anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, to diagnosis and management of kidney disease, to fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and renal transplantation.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Structure and Function of the Kidney
1. Overview of Kidney Structure and Function
2. Kidney development
3. Assessment of Kidney Function in Acute and Chronic Settings
4. Urinalysis and Urine Microscopy
5. Hematuria and Proteinuria
6. Imaging the Kidneys
Acid/Base and Electrolytes
7. Hyponatremia and Hypoosmolar Disorders
9. Volume, Edema and the Clinical Use of Diuretics
10. Disorders of Potassium Metabolism
11. Disorders of Calcium, Phosphorus, & Magnesium Homeostasis
12. Approach to Acid-Base Disorders
13. Metabolic Acidosis
14. Metabolic Alkalosis
15. Respiratory Acidosis and Alkalosis
16. Glomerular Clinicopathologic Syndromes
17. Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome
18. Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis
19. Membranous Nephropathy
20. Immunoglobulin A Nephropathy and Related Disorders
Kidney in Systemic Diseases
21. COMPLEMENT-MEDIATED GLOMERULONEPHRITIS AND THROMBOTIC MICROANGIOPATHY
22. Infection-related Glomerulonephritis
23. Viral Nephropathies: Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, and Hepatitis B Virus
24. Kidney Involvement in Systemic Vasculitis
25. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and the Kidney
26. Pathogenesis, Pathophysiology, and Treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy
27. The Kidney in Malignancy
28. Myeloma, Amyloid and other Dysproteinemias
29. Acute Cardiorenal Syndrome
30. Hepatorenal Syndrome and Other Liver-Related Kidney Diseases
Acute Kidney Injury
31. Clinical Approach to the Diagnosis of Acute Kidney Injury
32. Acute Tubular Injury and Acute Tubular Necrosis
33. Acute Interstitial Nephritis
34. Management of Acute Kidney Injury
Drugs and the Kidney
35. Kidney Disease Caused by Therapeutic Agents
36. Principles of Drug Therapy in Patients with Reduced Kidney Function
Hereditary Kidney Disease
37. Genetics and Kidney Disease (APOL1)
38. Genetically Based Renal Transport Disorders
39. Sickle Cell Nephropathy
40. Polycystic and Other Cystic Kidney Diseases
41. Nephronophthisis and Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease
42. Alport's Syndrome and Thin Basement Membrane Dz
43. Fabry Disease
44. Chronic Tubulointerstitial Disease
45. Obstructive Uropathy
47. Urinary Tract Infection and Pyelonephritis
48. Kidney Diseases in Infants and Children
49. The Kidney in Pregnancy
50. Kidney Disease in the Elderly
51. Global Kidney Disease
Chronic Kidney Disease
52. Development and Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
53. Staging and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease
54. Nutrition and Kidney Disease
55. Bone Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease
56. Cardiac Function and Cardiovascular Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease
57. Anemia and Other Hematologic Complications of Chronic Kidney Disease
Dialysis and Transplantation
58. Hemodialysis and Hemofiltration
59. Peritoneal Dialysis
60. Outcome of End-Stage Renal Disease Therapies
61. Selection of Prospective Kidney Transplant Recipients and Donors
62. Post-transplantation Monitoring and Outcomes
64. Transplant Infectious Disease
65. Pathogenesis of Hypertension
66. Evaluation and Management of Hypertension
67. Secondary Hypertension
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateNov 7, 2017
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.