Mental Health and Mental Illness in Paramedic Practice
With increasing prevalence, paramedics are commonly dispatched to pre-hospital settings where mental health and mental illness are essential considerations in paramedic practice and approaches to treatment. Mental Health and Mental Illness in Paramedic Practice is the first text of its kind - a resource specifically written by expert clinicians and academics solely for the Australian and New Zealand paramedic context.
The text introduces fundamental concepts and theories in mental health and mental illness in the context of paramedic principles of care. It delves into topics such as person-centred mental healthcare; communication and the therapeutic relationship; and legal and ethical issues - all within the realm of paramedic practice. The textbook steps students through common patient presentations in the pre-hospital setting and offers practical guidance in applying appropriate approaches to treatment.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
2. Caring and person-centred mental healthcare: Stigma, discrimination and the role of culture
3. Communication and the therapeutic relationship
4. Stress, arousal and emotions
5. Assessment: history taking and the mental state examination
6. Legal and ethical issues in pre-hospital mental healthcar
7. Physical health and mental health
8.1 Mental health across the life span: Caring for the mental health of children and young people
8.2 Mental health across the life span: Caring for the mental health of older people
9. Caring for a person with anxiety
10. Caring for a person with changes in mood ('affective' disorders)
11. Managing risk, suicidal ideation and suicide attempt
12. Caring for a person who has self-harmed
13. Caring for a person with psychosis
14. Caring for a person with substance use and mental health concerns
15. Managing challenging behaviour and workplace violence
16. Understanding personality and changes in personality
17. Common psychological interventions
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateNov 11, 2021
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.