Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office. Edition: 7
This full-color text prepares dental professionals to promptly and proactively recognize and manage medical emergencies that may occur in the dental office. It details how to anticipate potential emergencies and what resources must be on hand to deal effectively with these situations. The book is arranged in eight sections concentrating on topics such as prevention of emergencies through patient evaluation (medical history) and specific types of more common emergencies that practitioners may encounter.
"It successfully fulfils its aim of stimulating all members of the dental team to improve and maintain their skills in the effective prevention, recognition and management of medical emergencies."Reviewed by: European Journal of Orthodontics, March 2015
"..very easy to read and provides a very comprehensive reference for a variety of medical emergencies." Reviewed by S.McKernon on behalf of British Dental Journal, July 2015
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
4. Legal Considerations
PART TWO: UNCONSCIOUSNESS
5. Unconsciousness: General Considerations
6. Vasodepressor Syncope
7. Postural Hypotension
8. Acute Adrenal Insufficiency
9. Unconsciousness: Differential Diagnosis
PART THREE: RESPIRATORY DISTRESS
10. Respiratory Distress: General Considerations
11. Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
14. Heart Failure and Acute Pulmonary Edema
15. Respiratory Distress: Differential Diagnosis
PART FOUR: ALTERED CONSCIOUSNESS
16. Altered Consciousness: General Considerations
17. Diabetes Mellitus: Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia
18. Thyroid Gland Dysfunction
19. Cerebrovascular Accident
20. Altered Consciousness: Differential Diagnosis
PART FIVE: SEIZURES
PART SIX: DRUG-RELATED EMERGENCIES
22. Drug-Related Emergencies: General Considerations
23. Drug Overdose Reactions
25. Drug-Related Emergencies: Differential Diagnosis
PART SEVEN: CHEST PAIN
26. Chest Pain: General Considerations
27. Angina Pectoris
28. Acute Myocardial Infarction
29. Chest Pain: Differential Diagnosis
PART EIGHT: CARDIAC ARREST
30. Cardiac Arrest
31. Pediatric Considerations
Appendix: Quick-Reference Section to Life-Threatening Situations
Stock Last CheckedDec 5, 2021
Publication DateDec 22, 2014
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.