Manual of High Risk Pregnancy and Delivery. Edition: 5
The only book of its kind, Manual of High Risk Pregnancy & Delivery provides a complete resource for care of this special patient and her complex needs. It helps you provide positive outcomes with coverage of today's newest technology, physiologic considerations, psychologic implications, health disorders, and other complications in pregnancy. Written by noted educator and practitioner Elizabeth Stepp Gilbert, RNC, MS, FNP-BC, CNS, this book also describes how to screen for risk factors, provide preventive management, and intervene appropriately when problems arise. It's a concise, hands-on reference for both inpatient and outpatient settings!
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Unit I: Physiologic Considerations, Assessments, and Integrative Therapies
1. Physiologic and Nutritional Adaptations to Pregnancy
2. General Nursing Assessment of the High Risk Expectant Family
3. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
4. Perinatal Screening, Diagnoses, and Fetal Therapies
5. Integrative Therapies in Pregnancy and Childbirth
Unit II: Psychologic Implications of a High Risk Pregnancy
6. Psychologic Adaptations
7. Perinatal Death and Bereavement Care
Unit III: Ethical Dilemmas and Legal Considerations in Perinatal Nursing
8. Ethical Decision Making
9. Legal Issues and Risk Management
Unit IV: Health Disorders Complicating Pregnancy
11. Cardiac Disease
12. Renal Disease
13. Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases
14. Venous Thromboembolic Disease
15. Pulmonary Disease and Respiratory Distress
Unit V: Complications in Pregnancy
16. Spontaneous Abortion
17. Ectopic Pregnancy
18. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
19. Lacental Abnormalities
20. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
21. Hemolytic Incompatibility
22. Hypertensive Disorders
23. Preterm Labor and Multiple Gestation
24. Premature Rupture of Membranes
Unit VI: Teratogens and Social Issues Complicating Pregnancy
26. Sexually and Nonsexually Transmitted Genitourinary Infections
27. Substance Abuse
Unit VII: Alterations in the Mechanism of Labor
28. Labor Stimulation
29. Dysfunctional Labor
30. Prolonged Pregnancy
Stock Last CheckedJan 21, 2022
Publication DateJun 29, 2010
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.