Llama and Alpaca Care
Designed for the mixed practice large animal veterinarian, veterinary students, and camelid caretakers alike, Llama and Alpaca Care covers all major body systems, herd health, physical examination, nutrition, reproduction, surgery, anesthesia, and multisystem diseases of llamas and alpacas. Written by world-renowned camelid specialists and experts in the field, this comprehensive and uniquely global text offers quick access to the most current knowledge in this area. With coverage ranging from basic maintenance such as restraint and handling to more complex topics including anesthesia and surgery, this text provides the full range of knowledge required for the management of llamas and alpacas.
"..an essential text for anyone working with South American camelids." Reviewed by Claire E. Whitehead on behalf of Veterinary Record, July 2015
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
2. Protection of Camelids from Predators
3. Camelid Vaccinations
4. Camelid Herd Health and Nutrition
5. Endoparasite Control
6. Anthelmintic Resistance in Camelid Parasites
7. Camelid Management, Handling Techniques and Facilities, and Herd Management
PART TWO: NUTRITION
8. Applied Digestive Anatomy and Feeding Behavior
9. Nutritional Requirements
10. Feeds for Camelids
11. Feeding Management Systems
12. Nutritional Assessment
13. Nutritional Diseases
PART THREE: REPRODUCTION
14. Anatomy and Physiology of Reproduction in the Female Llama and Alpaca
15. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology in the Male
16. Breeding Management
17. Clinical Examination of the Female Reproductive Function
18. Breeding Soundness Examination of the Llama and Alpaca
19. Infertility and Subfertility in the Male
20. Infertility and Subfertility in the Female
21. Cytogenetics and Infertility
22. Pregnancy Diagnosis and High-Risk Pregnancy Evaluation
23. Disorders and Diseases of Pregnancy
24. Parturition and Obstetrics
25. Lactation and Neonatal Care
26. Postpartum Disorders
27. Artificial Insemination of Llamas and Alpacas
28. Embryo Transfer
29. Embryo Preservation and In Vitro Production of Embryos
PART FOUR: PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH CARE
30. Physical Examination and Conformation
31. Clinical Pathology
32. Fluid Therapy
33. Nutritional Support
34. Drug Therapy in Llamas and Alpacas
PART FIVE: MEDICAL DISORDERS
35. Disorders of the Skin
36. Diseases of the Cardiovascular and Hemolymphatic Systems
37. Diseases of the Respiratory Tract
38. Disorders of the Neurologic System and Special Senses
39. Disorders of the Urinary System
40. Disorders of the Digestive System
41. Disorders of Carbohydrate or Lipid Metabolism
42. Neonatology and Neonatal Disorders
PART SIX: ANESTHESIA AND ANALGESIA
43. Practical Pharmacokinetics of Anesthetic Drugs
44. Pre-Procedure Considerations
45. Chemical Restraint of Camelids
46. Injectable Anesthesia of Camelids
47. Inhalational Anesthesia
48. Local and Regional Analgesic Techniques in Camelids
49. Peri-Operative Management of Compromised Camelid Patients
50. Obstetrical Anaesthesia in South American Camelids
51. Neuroanaesthesia for South American Camelids
52. Pain Management in Camelids: Systemic Techniques
53. Constant Rate Infusion (CRI) Technique for Management of Severe Pain in Camelids
54. Acupuncture in the Camelid
PART SEVEN: SURGICAL DISORDERS
55. Principles of Surgery
56. Ocular Surgery
57. Gastrointestinal Surgery in Alpacas and Llamas
58. Musculoskeletal Surgery
59. Thoracic imaging and Respiratory Surgery
60. Urogenital Surgery in Camelids
61. Surgical Management of Neurologic Disorders
62. Reproductive Surgery
63. Integumentary and Dental Surgery
64. Minimally Invasive Surgery
Stock Last CheckedNov 27, 2021
Publication DateJan 18, 2014
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.