High Volume Spay and Neuter: A Safe and Time Efficient Approach
Approaching high-volume spay and neuter as a separate discipline, this comprehensive reference addresses the unique challenges of this branch of shelter medicine. You will learn how to become faster at performing these procedures in a variety of settings, while still maintaining the safety of the patient. Safety is emphasized throughout with guidance on how to best treat patients with unknown medical histories and financial constraints that restrict the ability to do pre-anesthetic blood work. Special attention is given to considerations about surgical technique, as well as topics such as suture selection and size, suture pattern, patient order, medications, and aftercare. Coverage of mobile veterinary services examines how to provide low-cost spay and neuter to underserved communities with this emerging trend in the industry.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
- How to Set Up the Surgery Suite for Maximum Efficiency. (Includes photos showing set-ups in mobile and stationary suites)
- Suture Selection and Size for Maximum Safety. (Includes table showing characteristics on commonly used types of suture)
- Suture Pattern Selection for Maximum Safety and Efficiency (Including illustrations of various patterns)
- Maintaining Sterility (autoclaving, gowns, gloves, scrub, prep)
- Prophylactic Antibiotics (considerations such as feral status, post-op environment, possible break in sterility during surgery)
- How Order Of Surgical Patients Effects Efficiency
- Patient Recovery (Multiple Patients At Once; ways to combat hypothermia, hypoglycemia, dehydration)
- Post-Surgical Care At Home. (Take Home Instructions, Where will your emergencies go? E-collars, pain meds, tranquilizers)
- Working Was a Team (Each team member has his/her job, consideration for each other=efficiency, how to be safely self-sufficient in surgery)
- Large Canine Spay Surgery: Technique, Variations, Troubleshooting.*
- Small Canine Spay Surgery: Technique, Variations, Troubleshooting.*
- Standard Feline Spay Surgery: Technique, Variations, Troubleshooting.*
- Auto-Ligation Feline Spay Surgery: Technique, Variations, Troubleshooting.*
- Feline neuter surgery: technique, variations, troubleshooting.*
- Ancillary Surgeries: (umbilical hernia repair, dewclaw removal)
- What to do in the Case of Complications: (dropped pedicle or stump, incised spleen, incised bladder or bowel, internal bleeding post op)
- Being Prepared for Major Complications: (cardiac arrest, spleen or kidney resection)
- Tattooing Protocol and Rationale
- Ergonomic Considerations and References
Stock Last CheckedNov 30, 2021
Publication DateOct 9, 2021
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.