Headache, Orofacial Pain and Bruxism
Headache, Orofacial Pain and Bruxism: Diagnosis and multidisciplinary approaches to management has been written by clinicians for clinicians. It contains the collective knowledge of hundreds of years of clinical experience. The authors are drawn from a range of disciplines which regularly encounter patients with headache, orofacial pain or bruxism. They have described evidence-informed clinical practice derived from anatomical, physiological, and biomechanical concepts.
Patients who present with headache, orofacial pain or bruxism provide a clinical challenge to make sense of symptoms, sources, and contributing factors. There are many structures associated with problems in this region and patients may call on any of a number of health practitioners for diagnosis and treatment. It is often beyond the expertise of a single practitioner to address all facets of the problem without the assistance of colleagues.
- This book provides clinicians with the theoretical and clinical information required to appreciate the role of each discipline involved in the management of patients with headache, orofacial pain and bruxism.
- Clinicians are encouraged to use a multidisciplinary approach and to collaborate in the comprehensive management of these patients.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Section One Diagnosis
1. Headache in general practice
2. Catastrophic and sinister headache
4. Headache in childhood and adolescence
5. Headache and the upper cervical zygapophyseal joints
6. Sleep, structure, bruxism and headache
7. Temporomandibular disorders and related headache
8. Clinical features of cervicogenic and temporomandibular-related headache
9. Central nervous system processing in cervicogenic headache
10. ENT causes of orofacial pain
11. Ocular causes of headache
12. Vestibular dysfunction
13. Measurement of headache
Section two Approaches
14. Physiotherapy management of cervicogenic headache: Part 1
15. Physiotherapy management of cervicogenic headache: Part 2
16. Chiropractic approach
17. Osteopathic approach
18. Integrative medicine approach
19. Management of temporomandibular and cervical components of headache
20. Management of parafunctional activities and bruxism
21. Psychological management
22. Psychiatric management
Section Three Treatment
23. Myofascial trigger point treatment
24. Dry needling, acupuncture and laser
25. The Feldenkrais Method
26. Botox injections
Stock Last CheckedJan 26, 2022
Publication DateAug 7, 2009
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.