Exercise Prescription - The Physiological Foundations
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
2. Individuals with existing heart and vascular disease
3. Blood lipids and hyperlipidaemia
4. Diabetes and insulin resistance/insensitivity
5. Blood pressure and hypertension
6. Overweight and obese adults
7. Coagulation, fibrinolysis and risk of thrombosis
8. Adults with asthma
9. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
10. Adults with arthritis
11. Adults with osteoporosis
12. Adults with and survivors of cancer
13. The older adult
14. Therapeutic medications: influences with regard to physical activity and exercise
Appendix A. Screening and assessment for prescription of physical activity and exercise
Appendix B. Physical activity and exercise: intensity, endurance and progression
Glossary of terms
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateSep 8, 2006
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.