Electronic Fetal Monitoring, 3rd Edition
Offering in-depth information on physiology, equipment, antepartum and intrapartum fetal assessment, electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) technology, and more, this essential resource empowers your critical thinking skills by demonstrating data interpretation with real-life case scenarios. Ideal as preparation for the NCC Credential in Inpatient Obstetric Nursing (RNC-OB) exam, this is a must-have for all obstetrics/gynecology nurses, nurse-midwives, and other health professionals performing EFM.
Develop seasoned, high-quality EFM skills and interpretations with:
- NEW end-of-chapter study questions that support retention of chapter content, and back-of-the-book answers—ideal for certification review
- New and updated fetal monitoring guidelines
- Content written and reviewed by OB/GYN nursing experts
- Completely illustrated with more than 170 EFM strips that demonstrate content with real-world examples—fetal electrocardiogram, raw waveform, waveform with filter applied, double-counting and half-counting’ maternal heart rate obtained with ultrasound transducer, fetal heart rate (FHR) tracings at different paper speeds, and more
- Demonstrates the workings of EFM equipment and technology—explaining trending of data, ultrasound workings, processes required to identify the factor of t in FHR = 60/t for external and internal monitoring, and more
- Concise, easy-to-follow how-to guidance on acquiring and assessing fetal heart rate data, monitoring uterine activity, and EFM strip interpretation
- Expert advice on handling EFM challenges such as signal acquisition problems, reconfiguring fetal monitor connections to retrieve various signals, adjusting the transducers or choosing another mode when clear signals are unavailable, and avoiding or remedying tachysystole
- Examples of algorithms for management of antepartum testing and of fetal heart rate baseline variability and
- Tables that outline specific interventions and their goals and rationales
- Topics that include maternal-fetal physiology of fetal heart rate patterns, fetal heart rate pattern interpretation and management guidelines, maternal oxygenation, uterine blood flow, chemoreceptors and baroreceptors, fetal heart rate pattern interpretation and rate baseline, unusual FHR patterns, three-tier fetal heart rate system of interpretation, antepartum fetal assessment, nonstress test, alternative approaches to competence validation, and more
- Chapter features that include short, helpful technical tips to help ensure accurate monitoring, interpretations, and troubleshooting
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS™, Android™, PC, and Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity, as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
About the Clinical Editors
Cydney Afriat Menihan, CNM, MSN, RDMS, is a Nurse Midwife and Perinatal Consultant in
Wakefield, Rhode Island.
Ellen Kopel, RNC, MS, is a Nurse Educator and Perinatal Consultant in Sarasota, Florida.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 21 Aug 2018
Edition: 3rd Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781496396150
Dimensions: 10.875 in X 276.23 mm X 8.375 in X 212.72 mm
Stock Last CheckedDec 7, 2021
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.