Ebersole & Hess' Toward Healthy Aging. Edition: 10
Ensure you thoroughly understand the intricate details of providing effective care for adults as they age. Ebersole & Hess' Toward Healthy Aging, 10th Edition is the only comprehensive gerontological nursing text that effectively communicates how to provide holistic care, promote healthy lives, and address end-of-life issues and concerns. Grounded in the core competencies recommended by the AACN in collaboration with the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, the tenth edition has been extensively revised and updated with shorter, more streamlined chapters and pedagogical features to facilitate learning. It covers the areas of safety and ethical considerations, genetics, communication with the patient and caregiver, promoting health in persons with conditions commonly occurring in later-life world-wide addressing loss and palliative care and much more. Special sections provide an honest look at the universal experience of aging and the nurse's role in the reduction of health disparities and inequities as a member of the global community. Plus, it contains a variety of new learning features that focus on applying research and thinking critically in when providing care to aging adults across the care continuum.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Part I: Foundations of Healthy Aging
1. Aging, Health and Wellness in a Global Community 2. Gerontological Nursing: Past, Present, and Future 3. Theories and Processes of Aging 4. Cross-Cultural Caring and Aging 5. Cognition and Learning
Part II: Foundations of Caring
6. Communicating with Older Adults 7. Health Assessment 8. Laboratory Diagnostics and Geriatrics 9. Geropharmacology 10. The Use of Dietary Supplements: Focus on Herbal Products
Part III: Wellness and Function
11. Vision 12. Hearing 13. Skin Care 14. Nutrition 15. Hydration and Oral Care 16. Elimination 17. Sleep 18. Physical Activity and Exercise 19. Falls and Fall Risk Reduction 20. Safety and Security
Part IV: Wellness and Chronic Illness
21. Living Well with Chronic Illness 22. Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Health and Wellness 23. Neurodegenerative Disorders 24. Endocrine and Immune Disorders 25. Respiratory Health and Illness 26. Common Musculoskeletal Concerns 27. Pain and Comfort 28. Mental Health 29. Care of Individuals with Neurocognitive Disorders
Part V: Healthy Aging for Elders and Their Families
30. Economics and Health Care in Later Life 31. Common Legal and Ethical Issues 32. Long-Term Care 33. Intimacy and Sexuality 34. Relationships, Roles, and Transitions 35. Loss, Death, and Palliative Care 36. Self-Actualization, Spirituality, and Transcendence
Stock Last CheckedDec 7, 2021
Publication DateDec 4, 2020
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.