Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists. Edition: 6
Learn how to screen for red flags and when to refer clients to a medical specialist! Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral, 6th Edition provides a step-by-step approach to screening for systemic disease and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. It describes both red flags and yellow flags, so you can recognize the signs and symptoms for conditions outside the scope of physical therapy practice. This edition includes new information on women's health issues. Written by experienced PT practitioner Catherine Cavallaro Goodman, this book helps you determine whether a client's symptoms require physical therapy or physician referral!
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Introduction to Screening for Referral in Physical Therapy
2. Interviewing as a Screening Tool
3. Pain Types and Viscerogenic Pain Patterns
4. Physical Assessment as a Screening Tool
Section Two: Viscerogenic Causes of Neuromusculoskeletal Pain and Dysfunction
5. Screening for Hematologic Disease
6. Screening for Cardiovascular Disease
7. Screening for Pulmonary Disease
8. Screening for Gastrointestinal Disease
9. Screening for Hepatic and Biliary Disease
10. Screening for Urogenital Disease
11. Screening for Endocrine and Metabolic Disease
12. Screening for Immunologic Disease
13. Screening for Cancer
Section Three: Systemic Origins of Neuromusculoskeletal Pain and Dysfunction
14. Screening the Head, Neck, and Back
15. Screening the Sacrum, Sacroiliac, and Pelvis
16. Screening the Lower Quadrant: Buttock, Hip, Thigh, Groin, and Leg
17. Screening the Chest, Breasts, and Ribs
18. Screening the Shoulder and Upper Extremity
A. Screening Summary
B. Special Questions to Ask
C. Special Forms to Use
D. Special Tests to Perform
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateJul 7, 2017
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.