deWit's Medical-Surgical Nursing. Edition: 4
Get the solid foundation you need to pass the NCLEX-PN® exam and succeed in practice! deWit's Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts and Practice, 4th Edition builds on the fundamentals of nursing with complete coverage of adult medical-surgical conditions, including roles, settings, health care trends, and all body systems and their disorders. It provides special attention to care of older adults, those with chronic illnesses, and residents in long-term care settings. Written by nursing educator Holly Stromberg, deWit's Medical-Surgical Nursing makes exam prep easier with NCLEX-PN® review questions, and reflects national LPN/LVN standards with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and patient safety.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Caring for Medical-Surgical Patients
2. Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process
Unit II: Medical-Surgical Patient Care Problems
3. Fluid, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Intravenous Therapy
4. Care of Preoperative and Intraoperative Surgical Patients
5. Care of Postoperative Surgical Patients
6. Infection Prevention and Control
7. Care of Patients with Pain
8. Care of Patients with Cancer
9. Chronic Illness and Rehabilitation
Unit III: Immune System
10. The Immune and Lymphatic Systems
11. Care of Patients with Immune and Lymphatic Disorders
Unit IV: Respiratory System
12. The Respiratory System
13. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Respiratory System
14. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Respiratory System
Unit V: Hematologic System
15. The Hematologic System
16. Care of Patients with Hematologic Disorders
Unit VI: Cardiovascular System
17. The Cardiovascular System
18. Care of Patients with Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease
19. Care of Patients with Cardiac Disorders
20. Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiac Surgery
Unit VII: Neurologic System
21. The Neurologic System
22. Care of Patients with Head and Spinal Cord Injuries
23. Care of Patients with Brain Disorders
24. Care of Patients with Peripheral Nerve and Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Unit VIII: Sensory System
25. The Sensory System: Eye
26. The Sensory System: Ear
Unit IX: Gastrointestinal System
27. The Gastrointestinal System
28. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Gastrointestinal System
29. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Gastrointestinal System
30. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Gallbladder, Liver, and Pancreas
Unit X: Musculoskeletal System
31. The Musculoskeletal System
32. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Disorders
Unit XI: Urinary System
33. The Urinary System
34. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Urinary System
Unit XII: Endocrine System
35. The Endocrine System
36. Care of Patients with Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
37. Care of Patients with Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
Unit XIII: Reproductive System
38. NEW! Normal Male and Female Reproductive System Findings
39. Care of Women with Reproductive Disorders
40. Care of Men with Reproductive Disorders
41. Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit XIV: Integumentary System
42. The Integumentary System
43. Care of Patents with Integumentary Disorders and Burns
Unit XV: Emergency and Disaster Management
44. Care of Patients in Disasters or Bioterrorism Attack
45. Care of Patients with Emergent Conditions, Trauma, and Shock
Unit XVI: Mental Health Nursing of the Adult
46. Care of Patients with Cognitive Function Disorders
47. Care of Patients with Anxiety, Mood, and Eating Disorders
48. Care of Patients with Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
49. Care of Patients with Thought and Personality Disorders
Appendix A: Most Common Laboratory Test Values
Appendix B: Standard Precautions
Appendix C: Standard Steps for All Nursing Procedures
Stock Last CheckedDec 5, 2021
Publication DateMay 1, 2020
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.