Contemporary Orthodontics. Edition: 6
The leading text for orthodontic education! With a world-renowned author team led by Dr. William Proffit, Contemporary Orthodontics, 6th Edition continues its long tradition of excellence in providing detailed coverage of orthodontic diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment techniques. Key topics include practical applications of computer technology, alternative treatment approaches, the biomechanics of orthodontic appliances, the selection of efficient treatment procedures, and the treatment of complex problems in both children and adults. A wealth of case studies with photographs and illustrations highlight and reinforce key concepts.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
1. Malocclusion and Dentofacial Deformity in Contemporary Society
Section II: The Development of Orthodontic Problems
2. Concepts of Growth and Development
3. Early Stages of Development
4. Later Stages of Development
5. The Etiology of Orthodontic Problems
Section III: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
6. Orthodontic Diagnosis: The Problem-Oriented Approach
7. Orthodontic Treatment Planning: From Problem List to Specific Plan
Section IV: Biomechanics, Mechanics and Contemporary Orthodontic Appliances
8. The Biologic Basis of Orthodontic Therapy
9. Mechanical Principles in Orthodontic Force Control
10. Contemporary Orthodontic Appliances
Section V: Treatment in Preadolescent Children
11. Moderate Non-Skeletal Problems: Preventive and Interceptive Treatment
12. Complex Non-Skeletal Problems
Section VI: Growth Modification
13. NEW! Growth Modification in Transverse and Class III Problems
14. NEW! Growth Modification in Class II, Open Bite/ Deep Bite, and Multi-Dimensional Problems
Section VII: Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment in the Early Permanent Dentition
15. The First Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Alignment and Leveling
16. The Second Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Correction of Molar Relationship and Space Closure
17. The Third Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Finishing
Section VIII: Treatment for Adults
19. Special Considerations in Orthodontics for Adults
20. Surgical-Orthodontic Treatment
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateOct 6, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.