Conceptual Foundations. Edition: 7
Get an in-depth look at the nursing profession! Conceptual Foundations: The Bridge to Professional Nursing Practice, 7th Edition gives you the foundation you need to prepare for becoming a professional nurse. Expert educator Elizabeth E. Friberg assembles the best minds of nursing for a unique in-depth look at the profession's major theories, practices, and principles. Complete with two new chapters, this seventh edition has been fully revised throughout with content that challenges you to think critically and conceptually. In addition, new Evolve resources means you can do more online than ever before!
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Part I: Context of Professional Nursing Practice
- A Brief History of Professional Nursing in the United States
- NEW CHAPTER - Academic Progression
- Beyond Professional Socialization
- Professional Nursing Roles
- Theories and Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice
- Health Policy and Practice and the Nursing Practice Environment
Part II: Dimensions of Professional Nursing Practice
- Economic Issues in Nursing and Health Care
- Effective Communication
- Think Like a Nurse: Essential Thinking Skills for Professional Nurses
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- Legal Aspects of Nursing Practice
- Ethical Dimensions of Nursing and Health Care
- Information Management
- Diversity in Health and Illness
Part III: Themes in Professional Nursing Practice
- Health and Health Promotion
- Genetics and Genomics in Professional Nursing
- Global Rural Nursing Practice
- Violence Against Women: An Epidemic and a Health Issue
- Patient Safety
- Palliative Care & End-of-Life
- Resilience & Compassionate Care
Stock Last CheckedDec 1, 2021
Publication DateJul 12, 2019
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.