Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases
Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases is a practical, up-to-date resource covering the most important and cutting-edge advances in the field. Presented by a seasoned educator in a concise, highly visual format, this innovative guide keeps you current with the latest advances in this ever-changing field. 80 case studies illustrate the clinical relevance of the major infectious disease chapters.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
PART I: BASIC PRINCIPLES IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF SMALL ANIMAL INFECTION
Section 1. Laboratory Diagnosis of Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases
1. Isolation in Cell Culture
3. Isolation and Identification of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria
4. Isolation and Identification of Fungi
5. Nucleic Acid Detection Assays
Section 2. Anti-Infective Therapy
6. Principles of Anti-Infective Therapy
7. Antiviral and Immunomodulatory Drugs
8. Antibacterial Drugs
9. Antifungal Drugs
10. Antiprotozoal Drugs
Section 3. Basic Principles for Infection Control
11. Infection Control Programs for Dogs and Cats
PART II: MAJOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND THEIR ETIOLOGIC AGENTS
Section 1. Viral Diseases
14. Canine Parvovirus Infection and Other Viral Enteritides
15. Canine Distemper Virus Infection
16. Canine Herpesvirus Infection
17. Canine Viral Respiratory Infections
18. Infectious Canine Hepatitis
19. Feline Panleukopenia Virus Infection and Other Viral Enteritides
20. Feline Coronavirus Infection
21. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
22. Feline Leukemia Virus Infection
23. Feline Respiratory Viral Infections
24. Feline Poxvirus Infection
26. Viral Papillomatosis
27. Vector-Borne and Other Viral encephalitides
Section 2. Bacterial Diseases
30. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
31. Salmon Poisoning Disease
32. Coxiellosis and Q Fever
33. Chlamydial Infections
34. Streptococcal and Enterococcal Infections
35. Staphylococcus Infections
36. Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
37. Anaerobic Infections
39. Cell Wall Deficient Bacterial Infections
40. Mycoplasma Infections
41. Hemoplasma Infections
44. Mycobacterial Infections
46. Enteric Escherichia coli Infections
48. Enteric Clostridial Infections
49. Gastric Helicobacter-Like Infections
51. Lyme Borreliosis
53. Canine Brucellosis
54. Tetanus and Botulism
55. Yersinia Pestis (Plague) and Other Yersiniosis
57. Bite and Scratch Wound Infections
Section 3. Fungal and Algal Diseases
59. Malassezia Infections
68. Miscellaneous Fungal Diseases
69. Pythiosis, Lagenidiosis and Zygomycosis
Section 4. Protozoal Diseases
77. Canine and Feline Hepatozoonosis
83. Miscellaneous Protozoal Diseases
Section 5: Infections of Selected Organ Systems
84. Pyoderma, Otitis Externa, and Otitis Media
85. Osteomyelitis, Discospondylitis, and Infectious Arthritis
86. Infections of the Cardiovascular System
87. Bacterial Bronchopneumonia and Pyothorax
88. Intra-Abdominal Infections
89. Bacterial Infections of the Genitourinary Tract
90. Bacterial meningitis
Appendix: Vaccination Schedules for Dogs and Cats
Stock Last CheckedNov 30, 2021
Publication DateAug 2, 2013
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.