Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, 1st Edition
Studying for AGACNP/DNP certification, or looking to strengthen your adult-gerontology acute care skills? Grab the know-how, support, and practical guidance you need, with Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
This clearly written, evidenced-based guide offers best practices for providing patient- and family-centered care for young adults, older adults, and elderly patients facing complex acute and/or chronic health conditions. From foundational advanced practice knowledge and skills to informed clinical judgment, this is an indispensable reference for preparing for AGACNP/DNP certification, and a clinical road map for all adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioners.
Upgrade your acute care nursing knowledge and clinical skills, with:
- Highly rated, student-approved case-based learning approach demonstrates concepts, skills, and patient-based care via real-life care scenarios
- Nursing experts’ views on history and professional issues, including:
- A brief history of the acute care nurse practitioner role, skills, and impact on patient outcomes
- Acute care nurse practitioner as leader, innovator, and nursing systems change agent
- Acute care nurse practitioner role across the continuum of care — quality indicators and healthcare payment models
- Demonstration of evidence-based foundational skills
- Patient- and family-centered care during diagnosis and choosing treatment options — steps for effective communication, responding to emotion, supporting shared decision-making, family engagement, aiding physical comfort and emotional support, learning cultural sensitivity
- Choosing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Hospital care and preventing complications
- Building a strong basis for sound clinical judgment
- Psychosocial health – diagnosis and management
- Management of body systems and functions, including handling emergencies and immediate interventions — hematologic; endocrine; dermatological; ophthalmological; ear, nose and throat; neurological; musculoskeletal; cardiovascular; respiratory; gastrointestinal; genitourinary; and oncologic management
- Care of the trauma patient
- Disaster planning and management
- Chapter features include:
- Clinical Pearls – Expand on important concepts
- Key Points – Highlight key characteristics of family- and patient-centered care in different clinical situations
- Tables – Demonstrate clinical steps and procedures, condition risk factors, treatment phases, and more
- Case Studies – Illustrate actual patient care scenarios and optimal clinical decision-making
- End-of-Chapter Review Questions – Multiple choice questions support learning and retention
About the Clinical Editors
Paula McCauley, DNP, ACNP-BC, CMC, CSC, FAANP, is an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner of Cardiology/Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut, and Associate Professor at the University of Connecticut School of Nursing in Storrs, Connecticut. She is the former Adult Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track Director.
Angela Starkweather, PhD, ACNP-BC, CNRN, FAAN, FAANP, is Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Connecticut School of Nursing in Storrs, Connecticut.
Our publishing partner, Wolters Kluver Health, maintains a low flat fee for shipping their products to you. This means shipping charges remain the same price for any number of books, anatomical charts and anatomical models that you order from them.
Due to distribution restrictions in the USA we are not able to delivery to any USA address.
EU/Brexit Note: We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries. When UPS services recommence there may be an additional clearance charge from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable directly to UPS by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties.
Release Date: 09 Feb 2021
Edition: 1st Edition
Print Book ISBN: 9781975173678
Dimensions: 10 in X 254 mm X 7 in X 177.8 mm
Stock Last CheckedAug 7, 2022
ManufacturerLippincott Williams & Wilkins
EU Orders/Brexit Note: There will be an additional cost from UPS for orders shipped to the EU of £4.15 per carton. This will be payable by the customer in addition to any VAT and import duties. We are currently shipping all orders via standard mail and not courier service so please allow up to 21 days for EU deliveries.
When you buy this book from the Physio Shop you are in fact dealing directly with one of the world's largest medical publishers, Wolters Kluver Health (WKH). WKH is the parent of companies including Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins and the Anatomical Chart Company.
We also try to deliver to you anywhere in the world. Just register and login to the shop to see the shipping price to your destination. These costs are heavily subsidised by the publishers. Unfortunately we are restricted to non-USA based sales.
We work directly with WKH and their distribution channel in the UK, NBN International, to deliver your items. This means there is no middle-man to slow up your delivery. If it is in print/stock and is in their warehouse then they'll get it out to you asap. Your orders are sent directly to the warehouse and are actioned usually within 48hrs during the working week. Sometimes charts and models are on regular re-stocking due to popularity and are replenished on a regular basis.
If any one item in your purchase is delayed NBN will send you what they have in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is at no additional shipping cost to you. Shipping and delivery are however two different things. We ship as soon as we can. The mail man and delivery services mean orders can take anything from 48hrs to 3 weeks to arrive depending where in the world you are.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping of products from WKH. So purchase as many books as you like the we will still charge you the one low shipping fee. Perhaps club together with friends if you are after the same title to save even more on shipping!
All orders are actioned from the UK warehouse. The UK & Europe can therefore expect more speedy deliveries than those further afield. Rest assured we'll get it to you as fast as the mailing systems allow. If you need to chase up a book/chart/model delivery we can provide tracking for you.
Returns Policy Guidelines - Note the information below applies to BOOKS ONLY.
The range of anatomical models are not returnable unless damaged or faulty.
1. LWW Returns will be accepted by NBN International between 6 months and 18 months from date of invoice, providing that they are in mint and resalable condition and that invoice details are quoted on the return documentation.
2. Authorisation from the Publisher is required for returns with a value of over £1000 before they are sent back to NBN International
3. Returns documentation must be included in every parcel or carton sent back to NBN International showing title, ISBN, quantity returned and original invoice number and date or a copy of the original invoice included.
4. Mint and resalable condition is defined as:
1. no bent corners on covers
2. no folded or soiled pages (dirt, fingerprints, booksellers stamps, glue, stickers, writing or markings of any kind)
3. no torn covers or pages
4. no frayed, scuffed or worn covers
5. no broken, bent, folded or creased spines
5. Returns of products received from LWW in damaged or unsalable condition must be reported within 3 days of receipt and sent back to NBN International within 90 days from invoice date
6. Returns of electronic media titles will not be accepted if the sealed packaging has been opened or damaged.
7. Returns freight charges are the customer’s responsibility. Original shipping charged will not be refunded except in the case of faulty or damanged goods.
Out of Print Titles
Returns will be accepted within 3 months of the date a title is declared by LWW to be superseded or out of print. Title pages will be accepted in the case of out of print/discontinued titles.
All returns should be sent to our European distributors:-
Returned products not meeting the above conditions will not be credited and will either be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense or destroyed.