A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children. Edition: 6
Covering everything from preoperative evaluation to neonatal emergencies to the PACU, A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 6th Edition, features state-of-the-art advice on the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to young patients. It reviews underlying scientific information, addresses preoperative assessment and anesthesia management in detail, and provides guidelines for postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures. Comprehensive in scope and thoroughly up to date, this 6th Edition delivers unsurpassed coverage of every key aspect of pediatric anesthesia.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children
Section 1: Introduction
1. The Practice of Pediatric Anesthesia
2. Growth and Development
3. Perioperative Behavior Stress in Children
4. Preoperative Evaluation, Premedication, and Induction of Anesthesia
5. Ethical Issues in Pediatric Anesthesiology
Section 2: Drug and Fluid Therapy
7. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacology of Drugs Used in Children
8. Total Intravenous Anesthesia and Target-Controlled Infusion
9. Fluid Management
10. Essentials of Hematology
11. Perioperative Management of the Oncology Patient
12. Strategies for Blood Product Management and Reducing Transfusions
Section 3: The Chest
13. Essentials of Pulmonology
14. The Pediatric Airway
15. Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery
Section 4: The Heart
16. Essentials of Cardiology
17. Anesthesia for Children Undergoing Heart Surgery
18. Cardiac Physiology and Pharmacology
19. Cardiopulmonary Bypass and Management
20. Medications for Hemostasis
21. Mechanical Circulatory Support
22. Interventional Cardiology
23. Anesthesia for Non-cardiac Surgery in Children with Congenital Heart Disease
Section 5: The Brain and Glands
24. Essentials of Neurology and Neuromuscular Diseases
25. Surgery, Anesthesia, and the Immature Brain
26. Pediatric Neurosurgical Anesthesia
27. Essentials of Endocrinology
Section 6: The Abdomen
28. Essentials of Nephrology
29. General Abdominal and Urologic Surgery
30. Essentials of Hepatology
31. Organ Transplantation
Section 7: Other Surgeries
32. Orthopedic and Spine Surgery
33. Otorhinolaryngologic Procedures
35. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
36. Burn Injuries
Section 8: Emergencies
37. The Extremely Premature Infant (Micropremie) and Neonatal Emergencies
38. Fetal Intervention and the EXIT Procedure
40. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
41. Malignant Hyperthermia
Section 9: Pain
42. Regional Anesthesia
43. Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia
44. Acute Pain
45. Chronic Pain
Section 10: Special Topics
46. Anesthesia Outside the Operating Room
47. The Postanesthesia Care Unit and Beyond
48. Sedation for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures Outside the Operating Room
49. Procedures for Vascular Access
50. Infectious Disease Considerations for the Operating Room
51. Pediatric Anesthesia in Developing Countries
52. Pediatric Equipment
Stock Last CheckedDec 2, 2021
Publication DateFeb 27, 2018
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.