Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice. Edition: 4
The leading reference for the diagnosis and management of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalances in small animals, Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice, 4th Edition provides cutting-edge, evidence-based guidelines to enhance your care of dogs and cats. Information is easy to find and easy to use, with comprehensive coverage including fluid and electrolyte physiology and pathophysiology and their clinical applications, as well as the newest advances in fluid therapy and a discussion of a new class of drugs called vaptans. Lead author Stephen DiBartola is a well-known speaker and the "go-to" expert in this field, and his team of contributors represents the most authoritative and respected clinicians and academicians in veterinary medicine.
Our publishing partner, Elsevier, maintains a flat fee for shipping. Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
Manufactured on demand titles take an extra 3-5 working days.
At this time we only ship Elsevier book orders to addresses within the UK.
Brexit: We have been informed that some couriers are now charging additional fees for importing from the UK into the EU. The customer is responsible for the payment of any import duties that are in addition to the shipping costs already charged.
Section I: Applied Physiology
1. Applied Physiology of Body Fluids in Dogs and Cats
2. Applied Renal Physiology
Section II: Electrolyte Disorders
3. Disorders of Sodium and Water: Hypernatremia and Hyponatremia
4. Disorders of Chloride: Hyperchloremia and Hypochloremia
5. Disorders of Potassium: Hypokalemia and Hyperkalemia
6. Disorders of Calcium: Hypercalcemia and Hypocalcemia
7. Disorders of Phosphorus: Hypophosphatemia and Hyperphosphatemia
8. Disorders of Magnesium: Magnesium Deficit and Excess
Section III: Acid-Base Disorders
9. Introduction to Acid-Base Disorders
10. Metabolic Acid-Base Disorders
11. Respiratory Acid-Base Disorders
12. Mixed Acid-Base Disorders
13. Strong Ion Approach to Acid-Base Disorders
Section IV: Fluid Therapy
14. Introduction to Fluid Therapy
15. Technical Aspects of Fluid Therapy
16. Monitoring Fluid Therapy and Complications of Fluid Therapy
17. Perioperative Management of Fluid Therapy
18. Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances in Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Disease
19. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disturbances in Liver Disease
20. Fluid Therapy in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
21. Fluid and Diuretic Therapy in Heart Failure 22. Managing Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders in Renal Failure
23. Shock Syndromes
Section V: Special Therapy
24. Blood Transfusion and Blood Substitutes
25. Parenteral Nutrition
26. Enteral Nutrition
27. Fluid Therapy with Macromolecular Plasma Volume Expanders
28. Peritoneal Dialysis
Stock Last CheckedJan 19, 2022
Publication DateJul 18, 2011
Your Elsevier book orders are actioned within 48hrs during the working week. If any one item in your purchase is delayed we will send you what is in stock and will send on the remainder as soon as it arrives. This is provided at no additional shipping cost to you. Stock availability levels are updated on a daily basis. We ship directly from a UK warehouse.
We currently maintain a flat fee structure for shipping book titles from Elsevier. Buy as many Elsevier titles as you like the we will still charge you the same single item shipping fee.
Overview Delivery Methods
Books are delivered in the UK via DHL and will require a signature upon delivery.
Deliveries within the UK
- The standard delivery time within the UK is 2 working days from the date of invoice.
- Print on demand titles take 3-5 working days.
Where is my order? Order Tracking
To find out more information about your order, select from the relevant options below:
Deliveries to the UK and UK shippers
Your order should be delivered to you/your shipper within 2-3 working days.
To track any deliveries using DPD, click here.
If your order is for a print on demand title, your delivery time will be longer, please allow an extra 3-5 working days.